Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Guide to Advance Charting

Hello everyone,

We are a day trader. Currently, we are using TS2000i with esignal datafeed. we are considering migrating to esignal charting instead of TS2000i. so, my questions goes like this:

1. Is esignal comparable to TS2000i in terms of charting and backtesting?

2. Is esignal studies comparable to the TS studies (easylanguage)?

3. In TS2000i, there is a global server where you can filter sessions, market settings and make portfolio settings, etc. - is this also available in esignal?

Please give me quick guide on how to use advance charting and creating esignal studies.

Thanks in Advance,
    Neil

Hi Neil,

I think the answer to 1 and 2 are "yes" but there are differences. I'm not exactly clear on what you're looking for on 3 with market and portfolio settings but if you are already an eSignal subscriber, I recommend that you just try us out first-hand. If you don't have Advanced Charting activated, contact Customer Service and we can turn that feature on for 14 days at no charge.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the reply... How can I check if the Advance Charting is activated or not?

what I mean in #3 is like this, we are trading mostly futures contracts. We trade markets that are traded in GLOBEX and also in PIT. We trade markets in GLOBEX but with PIT session. Such that, we are only after the OHLC and also Volume in PIT session to be charted. Not the whole GLOBEX session. Is this possible?

In TS2000i, we can define session times.

By the way, in our esignal here, I can click on Advance chart-> default chart or bar chart, Candlestick, line chart, etc... does this mean that our advance charting is enabled?

THanks,

Neil

Comment

BackTesting: right click on a chart / Formulas / Back Testing
        start with these samples. On top menu, Tools/ EFS/ Editor lets you open the formulas to see how they are written. Be patient with coding , it takes a while to get good with java script.

Bars: right click on a chart / Chart Type/ pick one

Time: right click on a chart / Time Templates/
        you probably want one of the equity templates, or edit and create your own time range using edit

for Volume: right click on a chart /Basic Studies / Volume

Comment

Working...
        X