Esignal crashes Palm desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal crashes Palm desktop

The Turbofeed datamanager of esignal seems to cause a problem with my Palm desktop software. Whenever the turbofeed datamanager is running, the Palm desktop is unable to store new data. Attempting to store new data in Palm crashes the Palm application.

I ran esignal 6 successfully with Palm desktop on one computer for a year without any problem in 2001.

I suspect the new version of esignal/Turbofeed is causing the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Rick

Dell Pentium 4, 512M RAM
    Windows XP
    eSignal 7.1 build 500 10/1/02
    Turbofeed API Version 1.0 7/25/2002 (76)

Palm desktop software version: 4.1.0

Hi Rick,

I'm in the process of trying to find someone in our offices that uses Palm along with eSignal. If we have someone, I'll test this out with them & report back.

Regards,
    Andy S.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Palm

Hi Rick,

I have a Palm 5 although I don't use it regularly. I just ran a test using the latest version of eSignal ( build 500 ). I synched my local email from outlook to my Palm 5, while running eSig. Worked just fine, no crashes. Using HotSync Manager ver 3.0.2

That still doesn't solve your issue so if you'd like me to run any other tests, I'll be happy to.

Perhaps I can upgrade to the Palm s/w version you are using. Do you happen to know the URL to download it?

Thanks,
      Scott J.
      eSignal Support

Comment

Palm download site and the critical test

Thanks for the rapid followup!
        The Palm software download site is:

http://www.palm.com/support/downloads/

The test to run is to create a new appointment on the calendar and type some notes into the "note" of the new appointment. When I try to save the notes by clicking "ok", the palm application locks up and must close. You may have to try creating 2-3 appointments and notes to get it to fail. Looking at the error message:

AppName: palm.exe AppVer 4.1.0.0
        Modname: table22.dll
        modVer 4.1.0.0 offset 0000c5d0

Thanks for looking at this issue.

Rick

PS: This eSignal forum is sending dozens of emails to my mailbox even though there are only two replies to my thread. This is occuring even after I turned off all of the email alerts within the eSignal forum preferences.

Comment

Thanks Rick. I'll test by Friday and let you know.

On the e-mail issue, you can either subscribe at either the Forum level or at the individual thread level. If you subscribe at the Forum level, you'd get notices for new posts to each thread w/in that forum.

If that's not the issue in your case, please send me 4-5 of the apparenty duplicate e-mails you got so we can see what's going on. The last thing most of us need is extra e-mail!

Please send to [email protected]

Thanks,
          Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott. I look forward to the results of your tests.

Regarding the email problem: I am not sure whether I am subscribed to the whole forum or just the thread. However, I would think that with the email alert options turned off, that I wouldn't get email alerts from either of them. When I click on some of them, they do not direct me to a specific message or they route me to a thread that I am not concerned with.

This is a sample of the list of emails in my inbox:

eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'CPU Problems with build 500' Thu 10/31 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'Esignal crashes Palm desktop' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'Put call ratio ?' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'eSignal 7.2' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'E-Minis' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'Esignal crashes Palm desktop' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'eSignal 7.2' Wed 10/30 5k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'RE: Reply to post 'last test of the day!'' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'RE: Reply to post 'last test of the day!'' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'last test of the day!' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'RE: Reply to post 'xx'' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'xx' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'RE: Reply to post 'xx'' Wed 10/30 2k
            eSignal Forums Mailer Reply to post 'xx' Wed 10/30 2k

Rick

Comment

Palm desktop

Hi Rick1,

I loaded the 4.1 version of the Palm Desktop earlier and I've been pounding on it to try to create a crash. No luck yet. I'm running eSignal 7.1, Outlook, IE6.0 and this Palm app. I've made numerous calendar entries and notes. Seems to be running just fine.

If you'd like me to run any other tests, please let me know. Since the error msg you posted is generated from the Palm app, hopefully their support can provide some other ideas.

Regarding the emails in your inbox, If you haven't already seen an e-mail from us, you should get one shortly explaining what the issue was.

Thanks,
              Scott J.
              eSignal Support

Comment

I will try reinstalling Palm

Thanks for testing this configuration, Scott

I will uninstall and reinstall Palm and see what happens.

Rick

Comment

Esignal crashes Palm Desktop Application

when I enter data into the Palm desktop 4.1 application on my Windows PC. I cannot save it and the Palm program crashes.

This occurs when esignal is open. I reported this problem two years ago to esignal. My user name on this forum was Rick1 at that time.

Have you had any reports since then of problems with Palm and eSignal? I continue to have this problem. It only occurs when eSignal and I am sure eSignal is the cause of the conflict.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
                  Rick

PS: You can see the actions taken by your staff as well as my computer configuration by looking at this thread.

Comment

Hi Rick,

I do recall this situation and no, I don't believe we've had any other reports from other users. It could be a fairly unique configuration so that's not to say a conflict doesn't exist. Is this still the same PC, same operating system, etc? Have you ever tried to run your Palm app and eSignal on a different PC or considered upgrading to a new Palm?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X