Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really having hard time learning esignal

Hi,

In reference to the subject, I am really having a hard time learning esignal.

Please guide me through... I am a TS2000i user. So, I tend to expect set-ups like TS2000i, its a transition problem mostly everyone will encounter when switching from one apps to another.

Please guide me thru the ff:

1. Setting up symbols (with customize session). - futures contracts... not continuous.
    2. Importing historical data into the symbol (from an ascii file).
    3. charting the data
    4. inserting analysis techniques (studies).
    5. viewing strategy performance report...

Thanks In Advance,
    Neil

Neil
    As a first step you may want to review the audio/video clips which are available in the Video Library.
    You will also find the answer to many questions in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    1. There really isn't much you need to do aside from setting up the Time Templates
    2. At this time it is not possible since eSignal only plots data it receives from its real time feed
    3. This subject is covered in detail in the audio/video clips. Anyhow all you need to do is open a new chart (File-> New-> Advanced Chart), select the type (bars, candlestick, etc) and type the desired symbol and interval.
    4. To apply a study to a chart, right click the chart and select Basic Studies (for the hard coded studies provided with the program) or Formulas (for studies based on EFS which is eSignal Formula Script).
    5. For all information related to the Strategy Analyzer see the articles available in the EFS KnowledgeBase under Help Guides and Tutorials-> Strategy Analyzer
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Just a follow-up for #2. It is made known "not possible", is there any workaround? What I mean is, how can I make use of my historical data? How to chart my historical data that starts from 1980 til present? This is for backtesting purposes.

I believe that the answer to this is found on one of the ff links you provided but I just cant locate it at the moment.

Thanks,
      Neil

Comment

Neil
        Currently eSignal will use only the data coming from its feed and to my knowledge there is no workaround available (even if only for the purpose of backtesting)
        Alex.

Comment

Working...
        X