no times and sales with new verions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no times and sales with new verions

when 7.2 went gold i installed it on my trading comp. but got no times and sales. esignalchat suggested a clean install but that did not help. so i installed an older version which runs fine. now i tried 7.3, but with the same result.
    On my laptop there is no problem with times and sales.

pentium 1.7
    matrox 550, 450pci
    512 mbram
    8irxp gigabyte motherboard
    western digital harddisk

thanks for your help.

Hi,

When you say "no time and sales", what exactly do you get? Does the window open? Does a tick chart or any other standard chart fill-in w/data? What does the status indicator say in the upper right of the window ( Green OK, No data, etc ).

Can you get a tick chart to function in Advanced Charting?

Thanks.

Comment

hi scott,

thanks for the prompt reply.
      sorry for the confusion, when i said times and sales i ment the trades going off in the ticker window next to my level 2.
      my standard charts fill with data. also the tick chart.

how do i open a tick chart in the advanced chart window with the version 7.3?
      on my laptop i have 7.2 installed and there are buttons with time intervals. 1, 5, 60 minutes, daily, tick.
      on the version 7.3 the tick option is missing.

Comment

ck9

how do i open a tick chart in the advanced chart window with the version 7.3?

On any selected Advanced Chart type
        ,T (commaT or commat)
        That will change the interval to Tick chart

on my laptop i have 7.2 installed and there are buttons with time intervals. 1, 5, 60 minutes, daily, tick.
        on the version 7.3 the tick option is missing.

For instructions on how to add intervals to the Favorites bar go to the following link and run through the illustrated steps (please note that the instructions are at the top of each image)

Although those intructions relate to adding Seconds as an interval the process is the same for any interval. In your case just use T instead of the 20S shown in the example.
        Also if you want the interval to show up on the Favorites bar then in step2 select the Favorites folder instead of Other Intervals folder.

Alex
        Last edited by ACM; 05-03-2003, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ck9
          hi scott,

thanks for the prompt reply.
          sorry for the confusion, when i said times and sales i ment the trades going off in the ticker window next to my level 2.
          my standard charts fill with data. also the tick chart.
          By default, the trades are not included in the ticker portion of the new Market Depth Window. Click on Market Depth Options, then Ticker properties. Should look like this:

If that's already checked, let me know. May need to troubleshoot during market hours to track the issue down.

Thanks.

Comment

Ooops. Let's try that image again:

Thanks.

Comment

thanks alexis c. montenegro.
              now i also get tick charts in the andvanced window.

scott,

i have checked the boxes in the ticker properties.

actually i have not tried the new 7.3 during market hours, because last time it cost me too much time and money.
              the reason why i think it does not work is if i open a level2 window on my laptop it looks like that (file attached)
              if i open it on my trading comp. the ticker looks blank.
              if it is not possible to track the issue down on the weekend or premarket i prefer to downgrade to an older version.

thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

ck9
                One thing you may want to try is to close any Market Depth windows you may have running then remove the default.emd file from your eSignal folder and either simply open a New Market Depth window or download the one that is posted together with the latest beta.
                Alex

Comment

hi alexis,

i have tried what you suggested but without success. i guess i will have to downgrade to an older version again.
                  thanks for your help

Comment

ck9,

The Time & Sales Ticker on the Market Depth window is for data starting from the time you opened it going forward. It isn't designed to be used when the market is closed, and that is why it is blank. If you need historical Time & Sales for use over the weekend, I would suggest using the Time & Sales function on the standard Chart Window. To open this up, click on File --> New --> Chart Window, then select Time & Sales from the drop-down window.
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

jayf,

please read this thread again carefully.
                      i know my english is not that good, but i think your reply has nothing to do with my problem.

thanks to everyone who tried to help

Comment

So I take it that when the markets are open, you are still not getting trades in your Market Depth ticker window? If that's the case, I can't readily think of another suggestion for you to try. Please contact our London or US based Contact centers during the market so we can more directly troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X