Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters after the Symbol

Hi

Can anyone tell me what the red letters mean that come after certain symbols in the quote window. For example today the symbol PWEI has a red R immediately to the right. Also I've seen symbols with a small red H or L. I can't find any info as to what these letters mean.

Thanks in advance

Hi jmartin,

I searched the knowledgebase and found the reference.

This is a link to a Knowledge Base Article.

This may help as well

Comment

On some older daytrading software that I used a few years ago, the "R" referred to that stock being Short-sell restricted, and shorts could only be held for 13 days. Not sure if that's whats it means, but your description of it reminded me of that.

Comment

Hi BigOMG,

The "R" definitely means that there is a restriction on the stock and is consistent with the knowledgebase. I was curious, so I googled the symbol in question and this is an excerpt from what I found in an 8/15/2006 post

It is hard to tell exactly what the purpose of the two large option trades today in PWEI, but I would bet that the short sale restrictions in PWEI have a lot to do with it.

As you indicated, I am not sure the 13 days has anything to do with the restriction, however, you did hit the nail on the head, it appears to be a short sale restriction, good call.

Comment

Working...
        X