Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal and J-Trader

Hi,
    Objectively, how does j-Trader compare to eSignal?
    what data providers are available for these?

i a looking to set up a trading platform for emini's and looking for the following:

1) Software
    2) Data provider
    3) Broker

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Re: eSignal and J-Trader

You have the right idea, that is what I've been trying to get many "free" program writers to do as the need is there for a fast moving market like ES. The only broker who offers market depth that you could tap into would be IB, but the Dome feature to J-Trader with IB would be a very lucritive market.

Originally posted by Dimension
    Hi,
    Objectively, how does j-Trader compare to eSignal?
    what data providers are available for these?

i a looking to set up a trading platform for emini's and looking for the following:

1) Software
    2) Data provider
    3) Broker

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Comment

If anyone is curious, J-Trader is a product of Patsystems http://www.patsystems.com and is rebranded for use by many futures brokers; (can also be used for equities and options).

The fundamental difference between J-Trader and eSignal is that eSignal is primarily a charting and data platform (only very basic order-entry), while J-Trader is an institutional-quality order-entry platform. As I understand it, eSignal is actively developing its order-entry, so maybe not too far off eSignal will be as excellent with order-entry as it is now with charting and data.

Looking ahead, when eSignal has institutional-quality order entry (including CME market depth), then for emini trading:

1) Software: eSignal
      2) Data Provider: eSignal
      3) Broker: IB (low commissions; extended trading hours)

Right now, you can try the combination of IB and eSignal, and try to find a more agreeable 3rd-party interface for order-entry at:
      http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html then click on Resources > Trader Tools > Freelance Tools > Available Freelance Tools. I don't know if J-Trader can be used with an IB account.

Comment

With IB, can i trade the eminis 24/7-6days a week if i wanted? or do they have any down time?

thanks again for the feedback!

Comment

IB orders can be entered whenever the market is open, except between about 10:50 PM to 1:00 AM Eastern Time. That's the combined period when IB does daily system work (11:45 PM - 1:00 AM Eastern) and during which their Globex route is down (10:50 PM - 12:15 AM Eastern).

CME Trading Hours:

Comment

BROKERS AND PLATFORMS

Lancer & Plumber

About Brokers , have you any feedback on
            "Global Futures Exchange & trading Comnpany," as premium Broker?
            (http://www.gfetc.com)

I'v used Patsy , R.t. & odthers platforms, but except Patsy i Was not satisfied with none of them. Now i'm triyng the french GL wich is similar to Patsy.

How would you rate the best platforms and Brokers? (redi, cyber etc....)

Thanks
            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Re: BROKERS AND PLATFORMS

I use Global and IB for two seperate purposes. I use Global for the $500 a contract margins for daytrading and IB for swing trading. I have nothing but good things to say about both, as well as Advanced Futures and Elocal. I've found over the years of trading that the better you are the more important the clearing firm becomes instead of the front end platform, at least that's my 2 cents. But I will add that a J-trader like front end (X-Trader too) for IB would be a huge improvement. The Dome feature is the easiest way to scalp and trade in a visual way.

Originally posted by fabrizio
              Lancer & Plumber

About Brokers , have you any feedback on
              "Global Futures Exchange & trading Comnpany," as premium Broker?
              (http://www.gfetc.com)

I'v used Patsy , R.t. & odthers platforms, but except Patsy i Was not satisfied with none of them. Now i'm triyng the french GL wich is similar to Patsy.

How would you rate the best platforms and Brokers? (redi, cyber etc....)

Thanks
              Last edited by theplumber; 05-04-2003, 09:22 AM.

Comment

plumber..

plumber or anyone else: when using IB, do you also use their J-Trader or any other order entry 3rd-part product? Also, what charting tool do you use? If for now, i i did not want to use eSignal, are there anyother service or sites that offer realtime charting of the minis?

what would you say is your monthly cost for your set up?

thanks again

Comment

Re: plumber..

With IB I use Bracket trader front end order entry. As for charting, you have to ask yourself how much your willing to pay and how cost effective is that with your style of trading. I've used CQG and many others for alot higher price but in the end I'm here with Esignal.I use Ganntrader3 but still use Esignals data feed because it is unmatched, at least my opinion anyway, for real good analysis.I've read about problems with data slowness but I think that's a geographical (routers, hubs, and network traffic) problem because I'm in Houston with not one problem with data.

plumber or anyone else: when using IB, do you also use their J-Trader or any other order entry 3rd-part product? Also, what charting tool do you use? If for now, i i did not want to use eSignal, are there anyother service or sites that offer realtime charting of the minis?

what would you say is your monthly cost for your set up?

thanks again

Comment

IB E GLOBAL

I'm Now with IB and Imiweb (italy)
                    Want to open account with Global too.

Thanks dor your comment

I doi believe too that Dome in Patsy its really efficient and great scalping injstrument ( besides the fact that I can seee pre pricing in Dax)
                    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

thank you all very much for taking the time out to answer my questions and concerns. You have been a tremendous help...i have narrowed down my options significantly because of your generous help

Front End:
                      -IB + Bracket Trader
                      -Global + J-Trader (i'm attracted to their $500 margin for daytrading the minis)

Data feed + Charting:
                      -eSignal
                      -or for now, qCharts/Quote.com (since i will be starting out slow with the minis and i may still be behind a firewall for a while and will not have access to the firewall proxy info to configure eSignal)

i am hoping to keep the cost to around $200/month

thank you again!
                      btw, are there any forums besides this one that you guys partake in?

Comment

thank you all very much for taking the time out to answer my questions and concerns. You have been a tremendous help...i have narrowed down my options significantly because of your generous help

Front End:
                        -IB + Bracket Trader
                        -Global + J-Trader (i'm attracted to their $500 margin for daytrading the minis)

Data feed + Charting:
                        -eSignal
                        -or for now, qCharts/Quote.com (since i will be starting out slow with the minis and i may still be behind a firewall for a while and will not have access to the firewall proxy info to configure eSignal)

i am hoping to keep the cost to around $200/month

thank you again!
                        btw, are there any forums besides this one that you guys partake in?
                        http://www.crystalball-forum.com/crystalball/ http://www.traders-talk.com/site/mb/...lderid=1&view= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lwside1/?yguid=105241219

Comment

has Global quoted any commission cost for eminis to anyone?

is anyone using J-trader? comments?
                          Michael

Comment

TO PLUMBER

Plumber

I tried to install Bracklet trader but it always give to me an error :"overflow 6" with the latest release and "overflow5" with firts one. The maski appera bur immedsitaly after the error abovesaid and the the error from WIN XP that terminates all.

Did I miss something?

Can you Help Me?
                            tks
                            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Re: TO PLUMBER

You will need to downgrade IB API to 6.0 . I use the BT 220.a with this.Look at the url , it's system, then API and click on the API release notes . Check out the message board they have also. As for someone asking about Global commisions, you will have to show what kind of volume you do. The clearing firm ,RCG, is a volume house so my caffine trigger happy hands work about 60 RT's a day, sometimes more, sometime less.

Originally posted by fabrizio
                              Plumber

I tried to install Bracklet trader but it always give to me an error :"overflow 6" with the latest release and "overflow5" with firts one. The maski appera bur immedsitaly after the error abovesaid and the the error from WIN XP that terminates all.

Did I miss something?

Can you Help Me?
                              tks
                              http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html
                              Last edited by theplumber; 05-09-2003, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X