• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customized tick bars

Hi, I have just signed up eSignal today
    and I do not seem to be able to do the
    following in Advanced Chart window.

I like to be able to display bars with my own customized tick time intervals,
    e. g.., display 100 ticks as one bar.

Is it possible to do this ?

Thanks.

redsignal,

Yes, click on the advanced chart that is open, depress the number 1 key, the interval pop-up will come up. Continue to enter the interval you want, 100T.

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

However, for 8/18 Friday, on the EURO/Dollar chart "EUR A0-FX", eSignal
      seems to have more bars than what I
      saw in other FX broker's charts.

There was a high around 1.2844 at 9:55AM. Between that time and 4:00PM,
      my FX AccuChart from www.fxsol.com has about 43 bars. But eSignal has too many
      bars to count.

Is this a charting problem or a data problem ? Or am I missing something ?

I have attached the two screen shots.
      Attached Files

Comment

redsignal,

The charts you posted were difficult for me to read when I extracted them, but honestly, even if I were to have seen them clearly, I would not be able to explain why there was a difference.

I went ahead and ran a search of the knowledgebase and came up with these two links below. I believe the answer to your question regarding the different volume between your broker and eSignal is there...

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=1422&p=1

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=3108&p=1

I searched the knowledgebase (located in the Product Training page ) using these words "forex volume differences brokers" to come up with the links. (to obtain the URL, select the Email function to the right of the article and copy the link from the email pop-up window).

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X