X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7.2 replay / learning mode.

Originally posted by Chuck
    hgornic,

Its not in the pre-beta of 7.2 but is being working on for the 7.2 release. We look forward to this functionality. . . . Can't wait,
    Any ideas on a possible ETA? That sounds like a great feature. To be able to replay a day's worth of ES data in a relaxed non-trading environment for the purposes of R/T testing - love it.

Comment

7.2 replay or learning mode

I know they are working on this, but I haven't even seen it on an internal release yet, so it will probably be a little while yet.

Chuck
      Chuck
      @eSignal

Comment

Chuck -

Regarding the replay feature. Will it be limited to just one issue at a time or can we, say, have the ES and NQ's running at the same time as a stock or a basket of stocks? A real-time trading simulator so we can react to not only how the test stock performs but while also watching others as well, like we do in real-time.

Comment

Replay

Don't know about that. That could be hard to do. It will (or I hope) be able to do any contract and I think it will be a little like a tape play (oops a CD player, I'm dating myself) and have a fast forward and a rewind. Not having seen it yet, I am quessing.

The nice thing is to be able to replay a contract after hours or on weekends. Great as a learning tool or to test EFS studies I would think. Also very useful for the seminars we are doing around the country to demo trading methods.
          Last edited by Chuck; 12-01-2002, 02:51 PM.
          Chuck
          @eSignal

Comment

the latest eSignal 7.2 - coming soon!

I got a look at the latest 7.2 internal release with the new replay (learning mode) and formula wizard yesterday for the next beta coming in a few days - very impressive!!

Our product group has updated the details of the features for 7.2 you can review here:

This is a very exciting release. Todd will be posting it to the group soon ...
            Chuck
            @eSignal

Comment

7.2 Release

Is the new release going to fix the Backtest reporting?

Bert

Comment

I have been told that with 7.2 Iwill be able to access and modify the formulas of the premium indicators such as the jurik tools does anyone know if this is true , also how long before 7.2 is released?

Comment

Hi Moore,

I'm not sure what you mean by being able to modify the Jurik formulas. Only Jurik can permission for that, and I don't think that they would open up the formula for all to see.

As for the release date of 7.2, currently it's scheduled for late January.

Take care,
                  Andy S.
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'eSignal 7.2'

You can access the Jurik and other premium indicators via EFS in the current
                    beta. For more info, goto share.esignal.com, esignal group, docs folder. Look
                    @ the Builtin Studies Ref.doc

One note: You need to be subscribed to the particular premium indicator for it
                    to work.

m.

--- [email protected] wrote:
                    > Hello mattgundersen,
                    >
                    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    >
                    Matt Gundersen

Comment

TechAnalysis

Will it be limited to just one issue at a time or can we, say, have the ES and NQ's running at the same time as a stock or a basket of stocks?
                      You can have multiple charts with different time frames and/or symbols running in Replay Mode at the same time as you can see in the image posted here .
                      The only setting that is common to all charts is the automatic Replay speed which can be adjusted between 0.5 second and 20 seconds in six steps (or can be set to manual).

Alex

Comment

the New Year with 7.2 coming soon ...

2002 has seen a vast improvement to our software as I'm sure users with us prior to version 7.0 can attest. In just this past year we've not only added the Advanced Charts, but we also added efs Formula engine, Back testing, Broker integration, eSignal Central, 18+ European exchanges, Single Stock Futures, Mix & Match real-time / delayed data, etc.

In 2003, beginning with the release of version 7.2, you will see additions to include; Super Montage, Direct ECN feeds Island and Arca, Direct feeds of our European Futures Data including expansion of historical data, Tick Volume bars, improved drawing tools, Replay / Training Mode, and a efs Formula Wizard, etc.

In just a few short weeks we'll be Gold with the final 7.2 release.
                        Chuck
                        @eSignal

Comment

Replay/Training Mode

I've just downloaded the beta 7.2 version. I can't find the replay/training mode or any reference to it in the 'help'??

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'eSignal 7.2'

nrogers

Right click on an Advanced Chart and select Tools->Enter Replay.
                            A new toolbar will open at the top of the chart and the cursor will be ready
                            in "Jump to a Bar" mode meaning that if you click on any given bar that will
                            be the point from which Replay will begin (ie all data after that bar will
                            disappear).
                            There are a few other tools on that toolbar and they should be self
                            explanatory by virtue of the ToolTips that appear if you hover over the
                            icons with the cursor.
                            You can then select the speed at which the Replay will happen (from 1/2 sec
                            to 20 secs in six steps or manual).
                            The red X will take you out of Replay (alternatively right click the chart
                            and select Tool->Exit Replay).

One note of caution regards some efs that may not work properly yet. You may want to read gspiker's (aka Garth Doverspike) comments on this topic in a thread in the Beta forum.
                            Also if you have any questions specific to Beta related features or issues you may want to post your messages in that forum.

Alex
                            Last edited by ACM; 01-05-2003, 03:07 PM.

Comment

There isn't a 'Enter replay' at 'Tools'.

I have build 516 (11/22/02).

Comment

Aha, that explains it.
                                You need to download build 523 first (which is a full install package) then download the 524 fix that is posted in the Beta group (I believe that it is called 524-2.zip).
                                The latter contains only two files to replace the existing ones in your eSignal folder.
                                Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X