Current session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current session

Trying to achive the effect of watching the current session only. This is easy for American products; set the time template to one day. However, if I try to do that for Asian products where the session will span days for American observers, it cannot be done.

Actually, it's interesting. If I try the 1 day for HSI 1!-HKF it gives me every day since the start of trading for that contract (I guess it has no effect). HSI U6-HKF does work. So I try HSI U6-HKF - MHI U6-HKF and it also does not work. So the contracts by themselves will do one day but not spreads or 1!.
    Last edited by atlas; 08-31-2006, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Or even #F. Spreads cannot be held to 1 day.

Comment

atlas
        There is an issue with the 1! continuous contracts.and spreads not loading the number of days/bars specified in the Time Templates and as far as I know eSignal's developers are aware of this
        Alex

Comment

Another question I had was: If I have a template for a particular # of days, say 1, and the chart runs past 1 day (eSignal is running for a few days), the chart will accumulate data (past the limit of the template). How do I keep the chart or reset it so that it is till retaining the minimum for the template. I can restart eSignal, not optimal. Or I can refetch the data (but this does not work). Changing time templates will readjust the scale.
          Last edited by atlas; 09-02-2006, 08:54 AM.

Comment

atlas
            The Time Template only ensures that the specified number of days or bars is first loaded in the chart. As new bars are added in real time it does not remove the older bars to maintain that number of days/bars constant.
            At this time the only way I can think of to reset the chart to the number of days/bars specified in the Time Template is to refresh the chart either by using Ctrl+OK or by typing the symbol again.
            You may want to submit a suggestion for an option to maintain the loaded days/bars constant. To do this you can send an email to [email protected] or select Customer Support-> Make A Suggestion from the main menu of eSignal
            Alex

Comment

Oh, I'm not looking to have the bars truncated. If it collects more than the template, that's ok. However, I would like a way to reset the chart as if it were loaded for the first time. Currently Ctrl-ok refreshes ALL the data even the stuff collected past the limits of the template (that's a bug if you ask me).

Comment

Working the same topic...When I load a chart before the start of the session, and it is set to load one day, nothing appears (that is good). However, when the data starts for the session, nothing appears on the chart (that is bad). Currently, I have to shut down and restart eSignal one or two minutes into the session, then the charts start showing data. Ctrl-ok does not start the chart redrawing.

Comment

Originally posted by atlas
                  Working the same topic...When I load a chart before the start of the session, and it is set to load one day, nothing appears (that is good). However, when the data starts for the session, nothing appears on the chart (that is bad). Currently, I have to shut down and restart eSignal one or two minutes into the session, then the charts start showing data. Ctrl-ok does not start the chart redrawing.
                  Don't know if this will help, but I have an efs that needs previous data to start producing a signal on the chart. When I load in the morning, I scroll left by one or two days so that the chart will appear properly with the study. Then I jump to the current bar and it is still available for the new session.

Kirk

Comment

I solved the issue somewhat by just closing the chart and reopening a minute after the open.

Comment

Working...
                    X