20 second chart ignores time template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 second chart ignores time template

My advanced chart uses a time template called Equity RTH -West Coast (see attached JPG).

When the chart is set to all intervals but 20 seconds, it correctly shows bars only between 06:30 and 13:00, with this description line:
    (AMGN - AMGEN INC, 1) Dynamic, 6:30-13:00

But when I switch to a 20 second interval, then it wrongly includes pre- and post-market times.

Indeed, the chart then describes itself as:
    (AMGN - AMGEN INC, 20S) Dynamic, 0:00-24:00

I would really appreciate a clue as to what the problem is because the pre- and post-market data skews my indicators.

Thank you

twasson
    With tick based charts (ie intervals T, V, S or P such as 10T, 500V, 20S, etc) you cannot define at this time the Start/End times of the chart (or how many bars are to be loaded) because they download/display data only in full day segments. You can only define how many days of tick based data you want to download/display.
    Alex

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, Alex

I'll investigate a work-around.
      Thanks,
      - Tim

Comment

Has anyone found a workaround to this?

i'm having a similar problem.

I'm trying to put 2 30 seconds charts on top of each other. But, since the different markets have different hours, they don't line up properly. That's why I'd like to be able to apply a time template to each chart, so that I can specify the same hours.

Any solutions to this problem?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi sprtrader,

I think that Alex will need to help you with your query. Time Templates are not my specialty.

Best regards.

Comment

sprtrader
            To my knowledge there is no workaround available at this time. The Start/End times (or how many bars are loaded) cannot be defined with tick based charts because these download and display data only in full day segments
            Alex

Comment

Hi,
              Does anyone know if eSignal has provided a solution for these issues yet?

eg:
              I'd like to have a Time Template that displays 15 second interval Candleticks and 600 Bars of data?

Paul

Comment

Paul
                At this time tick-based charts are still downloaded [and plotted] in whole day segments. Having said that it is my understanding that the changes that have been implemented in build 1184 in the T&S window - where ticks are downloaded in segments - will be extended to tick-based charts in one of the next releases together with the option to set Start/End times
                Alex

Originally posted by TURLIES
                Hi,
                Does anyone know if eSignal has provided a solution for these issues yet?

eg:
                I'd like to have a Time Template that displays 15 second interval Candleticks and 600 Bars of data?

Paul

Comment

Thanks Alex.

Comment

Paul
                    You are most welcome
                    Alex

Originally posted by TURLIES
                    Thanks Alex.

Comment

Working...
                    X