Time & Sales oddities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duane,

Try using the Sept 22nd T&S I had referenced here for a comparison. The problems only appear at specific locations. It doesn't happen every minute. So use the ones I highlighted below and compare them over several eSignal restarts.

The problem occurs daily for me but it's not 24hrs that Sell prints become buys. They happen here and there.

Lastly, sometimes when I start eSignal... all is rosy and there isn't any problem. But then it comes later in the day after I had gone out and come back and restarted eSignal. Or sometimes even if I had restarted eSignal 2-3 times in 5mins for whatever reason. It's hard to pin down.

If you would like... I can post another batch of trades with this issue once more.

Comment

Thanks Anson,

I'll work with the September 22 data, but you see another that falls closer to the current day, please let me know and we'll test both blocks of data. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hi Duane,

It seems like the problem has taken off for the time being. Have not had it these 2 days on first runs of eSignal. I didn't try restarting it multiple times but it looks like something might have changed somewhere.

I found an interesting post on the ET forums here from eSignal Support about tick servers and wonder if it's related.

I'll let you know if the problem rears its ugly head again. I sure hope not!

Comment

Hi,

While we didn't get any other reports of the type of issues you were seeing, it's entirely possible that the ticker server upgrades were causing this situation as well. We have rolled back to the previous version and fixing the issues we discovered.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X