volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volume

i am a new user to esignal. i use candlestick charts, with a volume indicator below. whenever i have an up day, the candle is green, and the corresponding volume is green, making sense. the same is true for down days. i pay particular attention to volume on small range days for potential turning points.

what confuses me is: an esignal tech rep is telling me that all volume bars apply to the previous day. that makes no sense for 3 reasons: (1) why are they the same color, and (2) why would you put a volume bar that applied to monday, underneath tuesday, and (3) if you dont have a volume for today, why is there a volume underneath all of the markets i am trading (juice, copper, sugar, yen, gold, lb, c, cd, ed, kc, cl, and fc).

Hopefully you will confirm that indeed the volume that is underneath a certain price bar is in fact the volume of that bar.

f

Without looking at a specific chart, the volume for most futures is always one day late. i.e. we get the official volume for CL Z6 for 10/9 on 10/10. The official volume lags by one day.

There's a setting in the volume study to color code based on today's bar or yesterday's bar. Perhaps playing with that setting will shed some light.

If this info hasn't cleared the picture up, just post a screenshot and we'll go from there.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X