Time Frame crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Frame crash

I used to normally back test efs's for 120 days via time templates on advanced charts. Using the current version of Esignal though causes it to crash. I have to now manually reboot my pc to get esignal to totally shut down . When I reboot my pc and then start Esignal to try and quickly go in and change the time templates to stop the crash, which has been unsuccesful. Is there a file edit I can do to change the time template to a lower interval. Thus, stopping Esignal from locking up every time I open it?
    Last edited by FibbGann; 10-21-2006, 09:04 PM.
    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

I've had a similiar problem where on a slower PC I was using a 120 day time template with 1 minute chart of a forex currency and it was too much data for the system I was running on.

Everytime I started Esignal with the default layout containing the 120day 1 minute chart it would hang up. Occasionally after starting Esignal I could quickly click on another time interval (60 minute) as the chart was opening up, which would enable esignal to run, but not always.

What I did was after closing Esignal before starting it up again with the same layout (which automatically opened up the problem chart) I simply opened up the windows explorer and then opened the folder containing any esignal efs file, and double clicked on that efs file. Windows associates any esignal file extension like .efs with the winsig.exe (esignal executable) and will start up a vanilla copy of esignal without the default layout (not sure why) when you double click on any file with a known esignal exstension, .efs, .lay, .ach...

This would start Esignal and seemed to bypass the default layout (which contained the problem 120day 1 minute chart). Esignal would start up and only open up a EFS editor session with the EFS file I double clicked on.

From there I would then have a running esignal and could reconfigure/edit my layouts,charts and time template. Not the same problem you are having and not the solution you were looking for but hope it helps you get esignal running.

ps: If that strategy you are testing on 120 days worth of data produces a equity curve that looks like a massive uptrend, feel free to pass it on....... just kidding...
    Last edited by demarcog; 10-22-2006, 10:21 PM.
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

Time Frame Crash

Hi FibbGann,

I know of no problems that would cause the eSignal to crash because you're working or testing with 120 day time frame.

There are a couple of things that could be looked at.
      1) What type of 120 day chart are you looking at? A 120 day 1 minute on GOOG might take a bit of time to come in. This would also be the cause with some of the Futures data.
      2) The EFS, is this a custom study you created, purchased from a third party vendor or one of the defaults that comes with the eSignal? Does it work in smaller time frames or will it work if you used time frames such as a daily or weekly chart?

I would like to be able to assist you if you PM you username I can contact you and we can try and troubleshoot what the problem might be.

Avery
      eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
      X