Historical futures spreads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical futures spreads

I'm having difficulty here. I used to be able to do these in an earlier version of esignal I believe. Trying to use the spread symbol interface. Also tried just typing the symbols into the quote windows the way I used to . Not working. July 2005 soybeans minus Aug 2005 soybeans??????? Anybody know how to enter this. I can pull up the individual contracts but I'm unsuccessful in creating the spread.

THX

GM

GM
    Make sure that there is a space before and after the operator (see enclosed chart).
    Also check that the Time Template is set to load enough historical data if you are using a fixed number of Days/Bars
    For more information on spreads see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Comment

GM
      In the enclosed image you can see the set up for the spread using the Spread Symbol Settings tool
      Alex

Comment

Alex ~

I've entered the symbols with proper spacing etc but still not getting any data. It probably has something to do with the time templates then ? Can you explain the time templates a little and how to adjust them. I've tried. I've tried to lengthen the days etc. I've tried the esignal help section for time templates but don't understand. My charts right now are set on "auto".

GM

Comment

GM
          For a detailed explanation of the Time Templates and how to use them see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
          "Auto" simply means that you checked the Automatic Start/End Times option for that specific interval. This option has no effect on daily or higher intervals and is used only with intraday data
          Enclosed below is an example of the Time Template I used to create the charts shown in my previous replies
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X