Daily Futures Start/End Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Futures Start/End Times

Hi all, is there any way to make my daily e-mini charts use 4:30 pm as the opening and 4:15 pm the following day as the close? The way it seems now is that is uses midnight to midnight.

Thanks in advance, and good trading!

george65202
    They already do that. The Open corresponds to the session's start at 16:30 ET and the Close corresponds to the Settlement which is usuually posted by the exchange at 16:20 ET (see enclosed image)
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex,

Where I'm having the problem is in the current day only.

For instance, it's now about 6 hours after the close on 11/8 (7pm on the west coast of the U.S.), but the daily price bar of the ES shows an open of 1391, yet I believe the open was 1389, according to an intraday chart showing the open at 15:30 (cst) yesterday and the CME website, and 1391 is the open of this evening's (11/9) globex session ... yet todays price bar still shows the high and low 11/8, along with the current price.

In essence, the current daily bar I see has the high and low of 11/8, with the open and last price of 11/9.

Any ideas why I'm having this problem? Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

george65202
        An explanation of what you are seeing is provided in some detail in this post (and the ones that follow it).
        This is why I specifically used the ES 1! contract in my reply to you so as to avoid the issue of the current day plot prior to midnight. In the chart you will see that the data for the 11/09/06 trade date is already plotting as a separate bar even before midnight. This is how it will eventually be in one of the next versions of eSignal even when plotting the specific contracts (eg ES Z6).
        Alex

Comment

The 1! works great! Thanks Alex.

Comment

george65202
            My pleasure
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X