custom field in quote window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom field in quote window

Is it possible to create a custom field in a quote window?

I want to see the % of average volume. I was going to calculate it using the vol and avg. vol fields, but don't see how I can do that. Is it possible?

Thanks.

chud
    At this time it is not possible to create custom fields in a Quote Window
    You may want to submit a suggestion by sending an email to [email protected]
    Alex

Comment

Hi Chud,
      As Alexis mentioned there is no way to calcuate the % within the quote window.

Using DDE linking you can export the data out of the quote window and into an Excel Spreadsheet. Click here for more information on using the DDE linking.

Attached below is an image of the Excel Spreadsheet I used to get the % of AveVol. The qualifers were winros|AveVol and winros|TOTALVOL for cells E3 and F4, and the formula is showed on the tops which is the E3/F4 was used to get the % of volume based on Average Volume Divided by Total Volume.

I hope this helps you.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Last edited by eSignal_AveryH; 11-27-2006, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks Alex and ahodgee.

I'll look into doing it that way with excel.

Comment

AveryH,

With the DDE, it doesn't seem like AveVol is recognized by sigtools. Is there a way to use the MatrixFill or will I need to enter the formulas manually for each stock?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Chud,

In SigTools tool bar the third icon is the DDE Hot Links button. If you click on the DDE Hot Link you'll see the winros|AveVol you'll need for you formula. I have attached some screen shots so you can get a better picture.

I hope this helps
            AveryH

Comment

Thanks AveryH,

I'm just trying to figure out what I need to put in the cells so I don't have to do that for each symbol. It's an excel question I guess....

I was trying something like =INDIRECT("=WINROS|AVEVOL!" & A2)
              , where A is the stock symbol column; but it's not working. Guess I need to get an excel book.
              Last edited by chud; 11-30-2006, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X