Obtaining Today's Opening Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining Today's Opening Price

Currently, I am using eSignal data manager with Wealth-Lab Developer to trade common stocks. One of my systems needs today's opening price. I can get the opening price from Yahoo fifteen minutes after the open, but I was wondering whether I could get it earlier from eSignal. Would it be possible to configure an Excel spreadsheet to get the opening prices of several hundred stocks shortly after the open even though I am limited to 200 symbols?

Thanks,
    Art

Hi Art,
    As long as you have the eSignal Data Manager with an active eSignal username and password you can use the DDE Linking to an Excel spreadsheet to pull up 200 Symbols at a time. The reason being is that your subscription only allow for that many symbols. On the bottom of the eSignal Excel sample you will see a tab named Qualifiers. This will give you a discription of the different qualifiers you can user for extracting data from the DM into Excel. Then using the DDE Hot Link you can scroll through the list of qualifers, when you see the ones you want you can click on them and it will add the formula to that particular cell of your Excel Spreadsheet. Here's a KB article on using the DDE linking and sigtools.

AveryH
    eSignal Support
    Last edited by eSignal_AveryH; 12-05-2006, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X