Decimal places on the FOREX GBP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decimal places on the FOREX GBP

A couple of months ago esignal started displaying the FOREX GBP in 5 decimal places. Is their anyway to reduce it back down to 4 decimal places?

Thanks, Steven

Hi Steven,

If you want to see the GBP with 4 digits you can creates a custom spread with a unique symbol and set the decimal to 4.

I have included a link that discusses more how to create the custom spreads.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need more assistance with creating the custom spread.

AveryH
    eSignal Support
    Last edited by eSignal_AveryH; 12-11-2006, 12:09 PM.

Comment

The link provided does not appear to work. I need this solution also but can't link to it.

>Hi Steven,
      >
      ?If you want to see the GBP with 4 digits you can creates a >custom spread with a unique symbol and set the decimal to 4.
      >
      >I have included a link that discusses more how to create the custom spreads.
      >
      >Please let me know if you have any other questions or need >more assistance with creating the custom spread.

Comment

Hi Steven and DPace,

As mentioned in the previous post a custom symbol and spread could be created to accomidate the 4 decimal places you want to see.

The KB article I referenced in the link is eSignal-Spreads 1698. Please click on the eSignal Support link to the KB article.

I hope this helps

AveryH
        eSignal Support
        Last edited by eSignal_AveryH; 12-11-2006, 01:18 PM.

Comment

i tried to use the procedure in 1698 but can't get it to work. I tried putting in for formula "GBP A0-FX" for but I never get any data when I try to use it.

1698 doesn't give an exact example of trying to ONLY set the decimals. Can you give one for the GBP A0-FX?

I'm not trying to calculate anything just get the GBP A0-FX currency to display properly (4 decimal places) as it used to. I can't get Alerts to work because of this problem.

What is causing this problem that we are trying to work around anyway? Other currencies don't have this problem i.e. EUR A0-FX, EURCAD A0-FX etc etc etc

Thanks for helping...Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Try this out.

Click Tools-->Spread Symbol Setting
            In the Name Box input GBP
            In the Formula input GBP A0-FX
            Decimal Formatting Use the dropdown arrow and select 4
            Click Add

In your chart, quote window or in which ever window you're look at the data type in your NEW symbol GBP. This will show you the price in a 1.9569 instead of 1.95690 . I know it alot of work but it's the only way you'll be able to remove the extra decimal place.

This should do the trick.

AveryH

Comment

Thanks alot for the tip. I tried it and it works fine other than taking a much longer time to update the screen when switching from one currency to another.

Thanks, Steven

Comment

Hi Steven,
                Yes the custom symbol will take a little longer the first couple of time but once the data in stored in memory it will get qucker. From passed test the first launch or download of data is the slowest from there it should get quicker.

AveryH
                eSignal Support

Comment

Hello,

I tried the tip and it works fine but my time template settings for 60mn chart is 120 days and I cannot get more than 28 days with this spread symbol.

Thanks for helping

Comment

kasama1
                    There is an issue with spreads and user configured continuous contracts not loading data for the number of days specified in the Time Template and eSignal's developers are aware of this.
                    In the mean time a solution is to set the Time Template to load a specified # Bars instead of # Days. If you set it to 3000 (for the 60 minute interval) it should return data back to 6/28/06 (see enclosed image)
                    Alex

Comment

OK, it works fine.

Thanks.

Comment

What is the maximum # of bars that can be specified? I want to go back much further for backtesting purposes.

Comment

dpace
                          At this time eSignal provides up to a maximum of 120 days of intraday data. See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase on how much data is avaialable with eSignal.
                          As to the number of bars required to load 120 days that will depend on the interval being charted
                          Alex

Comment

Working...
                          X