Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advise: chart temporarily freezes during news / large volume

Hello,

I have been using Esignal for a few years. For the most part I am a very satisfied customer.

I have noticed that when there news on a stock which causes an large increase in volume the chart will just "hang up" and temporarily freeze until the volume decreases enough and things go back to normal. Example AAPL had news Tuesday around 10:00 AM and all my charts froze for about 15 mins or so then things went back to normal. I also had temporarily freezes earlier in the morning while watching BBY because it had such quick changes and large volume. The freezes with BBY were only for about 1 to 2 mins and then ok, then freezed again.

This is NOT, NOT a new problem. It has occurred many times before over the years. I have talked to other traders who use esignal and they say they sometimes incur the exact same thing. Is there a way to fix this?? I realize that there is sometimes the automatic assumption that it is something on the customer's end (i.e. my PC, router, broadband connection, etc.)

I have AMD Athlon 2000+, XP Pro, 1 Gig of RAM ... cable connection that averages 4.5 Mb d/load speed ... a Linksys Router. I keep everything on my PC clean and clear to run smooth! I appreciate any advice on how to rectify this problem. I have no problem purchasing a new PC or whatever, however when this PC was the FASTEST thing on the market back in the day, I still had these problems, so I am not sure that will be the "fix".

Again, please help. These freezes are costing me large $$$ opportunities in the market.

Thanks in advance!
    LW212

LW212
    As a first step you may want to try some of the suggestions offered in this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase on Freezing and Slow Performance Issues
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X