SSF with eSignal ? How will it work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSF with eSignal ? How will it work ?

How will it work with OneChicago and NQLX launching their products next Friday ?

Will we have to pay market fees ? If yes how much will it cost ? Thanks to clarify!

Matt.

Hi Matt,

Both OneChicago & NQLX will be releasing SSF's on this Friday, Nov. 8th. However, we are not yet ready. We are currently scheduled to release OneChicago by Monday, Nov. 18th and NQLX by end of the first week in December.

Both exchanges will be giving out free trials scheduled to end on April 30th, 2003 (it could be extended). To receive data from these exchanges, you'll need to log into our account maintenance to sign up for the free trial. After Dec. 11th, all accounts will be set-up to receive the free trial.

Prices on these exchanges after the free trial ends has not as yet been set.

For more information on SSF's, please visit our FAQ's at;
    http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...sf/default.asp

Regards,
    Andy S.
    eSignal Support

Comment

SSF signup

Andy -

Went to acct maint page and can't find where to sign up for the SSFs.

Could you post a link or a screenshot? Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Tech,

You won't be able to go into account maint. and add the free trial till the day we release the particular exchange.

Andy

Comment

Symbol Format for SSF's

Below is a link to our FAQ's on SSF's. Also, is the text to item number six dealing with the symbol format.

========================================

What symbol format will be used?

The symbology for OneChicago SSF contracts will be as follows:

The Root Symbol passed by the exchange, product code, exchange symbol ("C" for OneChicago):

For example, the symbol passed by OneChicago on day 1 for an MSFT SSF contract would be "MSFT1C". The product code is purely a method for tracking corporate actions. If MSFT stock were to split on day 2, the symbol passed by OneChicago would be "MSFT2C".

Then, a space followed by:

M = Using the single character futures style month code

Y = 1 digit year code

Then, a dash followed by:

1C for OneChicago, NQ for NQLX

Our example for OneChicago on day 1 would then become:

MSFT1C MY-1C

Our example for NQLX on day 1 would then become:

MS1 MY-NQ

Comment

SSF

Our coverage begins tomorrow (11/19) from OneChicago.

Correction:
            You'll need to update your account to gain access to SSF. You'll be able to add this new service anytime AFTER 6:00 pm PT today. For complete step by step instructions, please see this FAQ:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...henesignal.asp

For a complete list of FAQ's on SSF:

Thanks,

Comment

Ive placed an image of a Single Stock Futures quote window Here.

The actual quote window that was used for the image is Here.

If you're looking at this within eSignal, click on SSF.quo and the quote window will open directly into your layout and you just need to save the window. If you're looking at this in an external browser, save the file into your eSignal directory (default is C:\Program Files\eSignal). Then go into eSignal and click File and then Open and look for SSF.quo in the list of files.

The data will not become available in the window until the feed is live, but this will give you a good start. It's also important to know that these symbols are just the ones that are currently active and the exchanges will be adding more as time goes on. This will also help you with the format for the symbols.

Comment

SSF from OneChicago released today

If you aren't seeing any data on valid symbols, please make sure you have signed-up for the OneChicago free trial today:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...henesignal.asp

Please see Todd's earlier post for a sample quote window of symbols and formats.

Anyone already tracking SSF this a.m.? Any problems we should be aware of?

Thanks,

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'SSF with eSignal ? How will it work ?'

Scott
                  SSF charts are plotting fine as is Todd's quote sheet
                  Alex

Comment

Quote sheet updates

Todd,

Do you plan to post updates of the QUO on Fileshare with the new 24 symbols available on One as of today ?
                    (One has now 46 symbols! Double what NQLX is proposing)

Matt.

Comment

I'll see what I can come up with, but this beta has me very busy right now. I created the original window as an example of the symbology and don't think I'll be able to keep up with the changes as new symbols are added.

Maybe someone else on the board who follows SSFs can help out with updated quote windows.

Comment

Matt

In the mean time I have posted at ACM Test group a complete list of SSFs
                        (March contracts only though) as an ems file to be used in the dropdown
                        symbol list. I believe the only missing SSF is the Diamonds but that would
                        be easy to add.
                        Not as handy as Todd's quote sheet but you are welcome to it.

As an aside it would be nice to see the dropdown list be able to read a
                        simple txt file just as the quote sheet or AdvancedGet's EOD sym file. That
                        would make updating lists of symbols much easier.

Alex

Comment

Yes with those 45 futures it will be a mess to make them migrate from Dec to January...By the way this is month after month in SSF and not 3 months expiration cycle...

So Dec trades now, then January, then February and so on...

Maybe eSignal can find a trick so that we have access to the traded contract by using a simple way...?

Comment

>By the way this is month after month in SSF and not 3 months expiration
                            cycle...

Yes I know, but I personally don't follow the serial months just the
                            quarterlies for now.
                            Alex

Comment

Working...
                            X