error at startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error at startup

Yesterday and today, when starting up eSig, I receive a message saying there is a syntax error, would I like to view the Formula Output Window? Attached is a screenshot of that window.

I've closed down eSig and the Data Manger and restarted, but the error persists.

Does this error refer to a study on one of my charts? If so, which one? My charts all seem to be working fine. Or does the error refer to something else?

eSignal 8.0 732 here
    Attached Files

checkraise
    I think that error is caused by a checkVersion() command in one of the scripts you are running
    Alex

Comment

Hello,

This looks to be an issue with a study on your chart. I'm not sure which study though. There is nothing on the error message that indicates to us which study it is. There is something in the error that does lead us to a possible cause that we can look at as part of our investigation. Can you tell us what studies are on your charts please. This will help us narrow down possible problems.

Comment

Thanks Alex and JJ. It appears to be coming from a study named BottomWoodieCCI 1.2.efs in the Woodies CCI Club subfolder in the Formulas folder. I've been running that study under 8.0 Build 732 for almost 2 months now, but the message just started showing up yesterday.

Comment

checkraise
          The error message will appear if the file/URL used in checkVersion() cannot be reached when the study is first run
          If the script is locked you may need to inform the author of this. In the interim to prevent the error message from appearing set the Auto Updates to Never. You could also set it to Once Weekly to reduce the occurrence of the error messages but still allow all your other scripts to access that functionality.
          To change this setting select Tools-> EFS-> Auto Updates... from the main menu.
          Alex

Comment

checkraise
            As an aside if you would like to verify how Auto Updates works see this post
            Alex

Comment

Excellent Alex. I minimized the nuissance by changing to Once Weekly as you suggested. Thanks very much!

Comment

checkraise
                You are most welcome.
                If you have not already done so you may also want to inform the author of the script of this issue.
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X