Memory Issues with Version 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Issues with Version 8?

I've got 2 charts up plus a quote window and they are all linked together. One chart is the daily and the other is the weekly.

For the daily, I have 900 days of data and for the weekly I have 1800 days. When I click on the quote window, I can only view about 5-6 symbols before esignal crashes. When I watch the memory usage in the task manager, the memory continues to go up for every chart I view and thus eventually it runs out of memory. Shouldn't the memory management be relinquishing the memory if the charts aren't there anymore?

Hello,

To address your inquiry on memory, in theory, yes, Mememry management in windows should release memory when it's no longer needed......however, there are times where memory will not clear until you restart your computer. This is especially an issue when you use programs that use a lot of your computers resources. This is not something that happens to everyone and there are a lot of other factors that can affect memory useage.

Here are a few Articles from our eSignal Knowledge Base that may help.

If the problem still persists, you may want to call our technical support group to have someone troubleshoot the problem.

U.S. Support:
    Phone Customer Service and Technical Support:
    (510) 264-1700
    Press "1" for Customer Service
    Press "2" for eSignal and Quotrek Technical Support
    Press "3" for Advanced GET Technical Support

International Support
    CS/TS Support Phone: +44 (0)20 7825 8777
    General Fax: +44 (0)20 7825 7570

Comment

I found that winsig tends to clear out memory every night at midnight (or is it every week). Whatever symbols aren't open will be cleared. Still there are problems when it gets up to around 700 mb. I start seeing crashes much more frequently.

Comment

The only thing I have running on this computer is eSignal and my trading platform. I have used Metastock in the past and never had an issue (although I must say that Metastock works completely differently.)

Comment

Working...
        X