advanced charts freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advanced charts freezing

This is happening more and more frequently. On an advanced chart I type in a symbol, usually 1 minute bars. It works ok for a few minutes then just stops updating, frozen at a certain time. If I change the time interval, it is correct again, but then freezes. The only way to get it to show the current price is to keep changing the time interval. But if it's a time interval I've already used on that chart, it will only show the last price from when it froze the last time I used it. So I can get 10 different prices on the same symbol when using 10 different time intervals.

Re: advanced charts freezing

Originally posted by lescor
    This is happening more and more frequently. On an advanced chart I type in a symbol, usually 1 minute bars. It works ok for a few minutes then just stops updating, frozen at a certain time. If I change the time interval, it is correct again, but then freezes. The only way to get it to show the current price is to keep changing the time interval. But if it's a time interval I've already used on that chart, it will only show the last price from when it froze the last time I used it. So I can get 10 different prices on the same symbol when using 10 different time intervals.
    This has happened to me occasionally. There are a few things you may want to consider. Check out the system requirements to insure you PC meets the hardware specs, as I've noticed this problem more on slower systems I've used.

Are you using a broadband netwrok connection and are you experiencing the problem with any other applications, you can try downloading a large file while you are running eSignal.

What symbols are you having trouble with?

Are you loading any of your own EFS studies/strategies into the chart?

How many simultaneous charts are open?

Do you have any tick charts running as this will bring any system I've used to their knees?

I can tell you that for very active symbols, GOOG, and in particullar active 24 hour market symbols, ES #F and currencies try using a time template that only specifies 1 or 2 days, as when I specify 60 or more days on a 1 minute chart I frequently have to terminate eSignal as the chart frequently hangs.

Hope this helps.

Glen
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X