Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price spikes in specific Time Frames

Hi,
    I frequently get large Price spikes at the market open (on US Stocks), which are displayed in specific Time Frames.

E.G - The General Dynamics chart for today displays this in the 60min / 30min and 5min time frames. All the other time frames i've checked are ok (Daily / 30min / 1min etc).

A 24 hour chart also displays the spike. Is there any solution to this? - would changing the time template do it?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Attached Files

Re: Price spikes in specific Time Frames

Originally posted by TURLIES
    Hi,
    I frequently get large Price spikes at the market open (on US Stocks), which are displayed in specific Time Frames.

E.G - The General Dynamics chart for today displays this in the 60min / 30min and 5min time frames. All the other time frames i've checked are ok (Daily / 30min / 1min etc).

A 24 hour chart also displays the spike. Is there any solution to this? - would changing the time template do it?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul,

Don't know why the spike displays on some time frames but not others

I can tell you having traded that occasionally a price will be reported by an exchange that looks like and may actually be a "bad print" but shows up in the chart.

You can report it to eSignal as a bad price and it may be corrected. You can reload the chart or manually refresh it via a CTL-Right Click on the green top bar of the Curson window.

What I do is enable the Tools-Data Filter Option and set the value to something appropriate perhaps 1 percent and this will repaint the bar.
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi demarcog - thanks for your reply.

I've enabled the Data Filter which has cleaned up my charts.

It would be great if someone from eSignal could explain to us why the spike issue only occurs in specific time frames. In the example chart of GD, the price spike occurred pre-market, so it doesn't make any sense to me why the spike is shown in a time template starting at 9.30am??

Hopefull we will get an answer and even better, a fix for this issue.

regards,
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X