Trend Line NO keep same plave when change 60min to 15-5-1min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trend Line NO keep same plave when change 60min to 15-5-1min

If i draw for example a trend line on 60min view then I change view on 15min or 5min or 1min (obvious on the same chart ) it should remain at the same point that I draw on first time on 60min but I get it moved on different place and a lot distant of the point I chose.

Same problem of years ago , untill now eSignal is a waste of time in 10 days that iu signed up , before i have had the problem that eSignal crahewd on start up due to file wrong in Page now there is this other problem , waiting a call from yestrerday from costumer support that i didn't get

here i wanted to attach a file there is attach file and in the pre4view there is nothing so also for a simple file to attachj i have go to read alot of KB

and after all ID are the most good copmany yes i see how, u have buy QChart too tere aren't this problem but there is the problem that the data not work
    Attached Files

Trend Line NO keep same plave when change 60min to 15-5-1min (pics)

pics

Comment

Trend Line NO keep same plave when change 60min to 15-5-1min (no pics)

I tried to post pics but didn't work , it should show in preview post the file attached , at the first my message it post the pic at my sdecond no

In few word untill now ( in 10 days ) i spent alot of time for problems that eSignal have in is own file folder , and now i should spent also time for to see how to post a simple pic , is all ok thank again to all

Iwant only to know if only the crowd ppl that use eSigna and all the others called stock exchange software have to spend their time in problem like this or like the alot of problem in formula ecc and ppl that use Blomberg instead spemd their time to trading .

So if the bottom line is that normal ppl untill 200$ month software will have always feed ppl with 2000$ monthly software so we keep mind in pace without this illusion of the best data available and software on the market that eSignal claim to be

Sorry to all for my English but is ok at the same

Comment

Hello Max_Net,
        I'm trying to duplicating the problems you're having with the trendlines in esignal. I have created a chart and added the trend to it. Then I go through and change to several different times intervals. Atttached are the 1, 5 and 60 minute charts.

If you could provide me with more information we maybe able to help or give suggestion.
        Questions; when you say 10 day, have you created a time template for 10 days?
        Is this on certain symbol, or all symbols?
        are these 24 hour charts or a specific times?

Thank you in advance
        Avery
        eSignal Support

Comment

hi ahodgee

10 days, I mean that are 10 days that I'm having problem with eSignal , 10 days total for resolve problem with costumer care, live help , ecc for a problem that is in own eSignal folder that don’t make it to work from the first time I installed it ( then it was fixed also with the reply get here in my previous post ) now that all was seemed work fine I have this other problem that I wanted to post with pics, I tried to post but it didn’t work to post pic , when I write the message there is the box for attach file and it didn’t work , I asked on live help and they gave me a link of KB that I should’ve to read a lot of info also for post a simple pic .

……….anyway.......

Your example also if referred to 10 days is ok at the same for describe my problem.
          You see in your chart when change time interval trend line it show exactly at the same point around 12540 and consequently also the rest of the trend is right .
          If I do the same , when I change time interval I get the trend line always in another wrong position and more I change to less min (for example from 60 to 15 and then to 5 and 1 min ) more it show moved wrong .

It happen for every symbol and it happen also if I change time templates.
          Usually I use Auto as time template( Dynamic,Auto 15:30-22:00) but also if I leave it as default ( Dynamic,0:00-24:00) is the same wrong result

Comment

I also rely on prices comprising a trend line to remain constant regardless of the time interval specified. I looks like I'm also seeing different prices when the interval is changed which I never noticed before.

Avery, if you are not having the same problem can you tell me what you have specified for Chart Options-Scaling?

In addition what line tool did you use to draw the line, as it appears that perhaps you are using the Line-Segment rather then the Trendline tool?

In any event can you please post whatever combination you used to eliminate the problem as I'm sure others also rely on trendline prices in their analysis and would be interested in how to do so.

Thanks very much,

Glen
            Glen Demarco
            [email protected]

Comment

Hi Max_net,
              I see what your saying regarding the time frames on charts and fortunately the trendlines and the charts are doing what they are designed to do.

What we would need to do is look at are what type of trend lines (Segment, Extended or Ray), where are the connecting point of your trend lines. If you would like you can PM me your information and I would be more then happy to give you a call and discuss the trend lines more you with.

Now as for the attaching pictures to the forums, As long as the pictures are in the PNG format and uploaded to some type of flie share you can attach them as long as you have a URL back to the file. Once again we can discuss this more as well.

I look forward to hearing back from you
              Avery
              eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Glen,
                When I created the charts in the previous post I was using segment lines and started with smaller time frames draw the lines and then change to largers time frame. When doing this is keep with the high and lows of the bars. There are some things here that definitely need to be looked at when you’re doing the trend lines. Where or what are you using as a reference. I.e. the low or high of a bar. The reason this is important is that if you click on the high or low of a hourly bar and move to a lower time the program uses the TIME FRAMES to redraw the lines on the charts and not lows or highs.
                I have added two attachments that I hope will better show what I’m saying.

Note in the 60 minute chart I started at the first bar and went to the high of the day. When I move to a smaller time frame the times the trendlines are drawn to are the same. Line starts at 6:30 and stops at the START 9:30 bar on the 60 minutes chart.

The best recommendation I can make for accuancy of trendline based on highs and lows is start with a low time frame, draw you trend lines and then go to larger time frames.

I hope this helps everyone.

Avery
                eSignal Support.

Comment

Avery,

Normally when people draw trend lines, support resistance, etc on a chart the actual price levels are significant and usually one wouldn't expect those levels to change because a charts time interval changes.

I usually draw trendlines on the higher time frames first, weekly, daily, etc and then when trading see where those trendlines come in on the lesser time frames.

It doesn't look like that's the behavior I'm seeing in the charts you posted. I'll have to try it on my system and post the charts.

I appreciate you investigating this, and it would be interesting to hear what other users of trendlines think about the behavior.

Glen
                  Glen Demarco
                  [email protected]

Comment

Avery,

Here is a trend line on drawn on a 60 minute chart
                    Attached Files
                    Glen Demarco
                    [email protected]

Comment

Same trend line, chart interval changed to 5 minutes...
                      Attached Files
                      Glen Demarco
                      [email protected]

Comment

Finally, the same trend line when the interval is changed to 1 minute....

Actually it looks closer then I thought after reading those earlier posts.

BTW, sorry for the hughe screen images, how did you reduce it the size toavoid scrolling to the right?

Glen
                        Attached Files
                        Glen Demarco
                        [email protected]

Comment

__

Hi Avery , it happen on trend lines , extend lines and ray lines only segment line it seem to work fine.
                          I try to attach too pic I take with eSignal Snapshot
                          (but the matter I was referring before regarding the file attachment is why we have go trough many info even for post a simple pic ? and isn’t nice that especially when one like in my case are 10 days that I have only problem , it should show in preview message the pic we want to add, like in your post that all come in one only message, ok forget about that, I go ahead and try to attach file in following message) ......

I draw 3 lines in Daily view just for see how they change
                          RED colour line is a segment line
                          BLUE colour line is a trend line ( the first on line tool bar the one with pencil icon )
                          GREEN colour line is a ray line
                          when I change time frame you can see that only the segment line work fine and more you can see that the BLUE and GREEN lines also if in Daily chart are draw below the RED line when I change time frame they moved even up the RED segment line.
                          But, if this is a normal way that eSignal work then there isn’t any advantage of using trend lines and neither extended and ray line, since that are always in wrong position, all these lines are made for avoid that during the trading hours we don’t have stay on work on them every time that chart add new bar-candle, like on the opposite we have to do with the segment line since that finish at the point of the first draw.

Regards
                          Max

Comment

D - 60 - 15 min

pic

Comment

pic

_
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X