pic b
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3/3

pic c
      Attached Files

Comment

Max and Glen
        FWIW the same behavior occurrs also in other charting programs such as TradeStation and Metastock to name two that I have.
        In the enclosed animations (of TS2000i and Metastock Pro 9.0) you can see that the trendlines drawn on a 60 minute chart will appear differently when the interval is changed to 15 minute.
        As Avery has already explained in his replies to this thread this is caused by the fact that the coordinates of the anchor points of the trendlines are based on price and on the time stamps of the bars. In the animations in fact you can see that the the anchor points of the trendlines on the 15 minute chart will be placed on the bar with the time stamp equivalent to that of the 60 minute chart regardless of the fact that the actual low may have happened elsewhere within that 60 minute period
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex and Avery , and all the staff and ppl that work with eSignal,
          first of all I tell you all that I appreciate the work you are doing like have to be appreciate all ppl that work , but said that,

......if is the true what you are telling ( behaviour occurs ) so it mean that all us here that use eSignal we are doing all our study wrong and in few word we are only feeding with our trading and money on trading , software ecc only ppl that use 2000$ and more, monthly software , because I really don’t believe that this behaviour occurs also in other charting programs like Bloomberg or even on RealTick , is really crazy to think that all is normal , anchor points ecc,

It should be the FIRST AND BASIC characteristic to draw a line on a 60 min or D view and have the same EXACTLY at 5min or 1min too .
          Llike you told --( you can see that the trend lines drawn on a 60 minute chart will shift when the interval is changed to 15 minute)-- that is normal,
          but the normal should be to have the trend lines switched in MORE ACCURATE point and more close to the price that can’t be view, obviously, in more big time frame , but in fact you are telling that cause anchor point ecc is normal to have trend lines switched in LESS ACCURATE point.

For example . if I do a study , I draw a trend lines, on 60 min for have it 1 min view during the trading and my study was right on 60 and based on that trend line I want to enter in the market after all I will never see that point I chose in 60 min only because is normal behaviours to don’t have trend lines switched in 1 min correctly ?
          Or in the opposite, if I don’t notice that it switched wrong and I take for right the trend line showed (wrong) in the 1min then what happen if my study was right on 60 min and I enter in the market for a wrong position of the trend lines in 1 min view ?

And also if the program have this behaviour who care ? It should be the program by itself to fix every time the trend line when I switch .

Ok if this is the normal behaviour then it mean that using eSignal all our study are wrong, already for simple trend lines, and I imagine the others behaviours with formula ecc , all it finish to make us to take wrong decision about the market and feeding only the system that use Bloomberg and other program, can you confirm me that this happen on Bloomberg and RealTick too ? I think no.

Comment

dow pic 60-15 min

Here is another example , 3 lines , between there is an arrow line ( BLUE colour )that keep position when i change time frame , and the other two that don’t keep position RED line is a Trend Line and GREEN line is an extended line , that even is not viewable in the 1 min view .

So again , is this the normal way that eSignal work ? Segment and arrow line with some lucky keep position and Trend Line and Extend Line ( the most good line to draw that updated during the trading ) have to don’t work?
            Attached Files

Comment

dow pic 5-1 min

dow pic 5-1 min
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Max_Net,
                I guess my question to you is; where do you think the lines should be plotting? What are you base you theory the lines are incorrect off of? Are you basing of the high? The Low? Bar times? Please provide more details so I can further assist.

Glen,
                To make the attachments smaller I use the eSignal Snapshot which automatically adjust the size of the charts. In doing I usually reduce the size from full screen to about a 4x6 shot as well.

Avery
                eSignal Suppport.

Comment

Originally posted by ahodgee
                  Hi Max_Net,
                  I guess my question to you is; where do you think the lines should be plotting? What are you base you theory the lines are incorrect off of? Are you basing of the high? The Low? Bar times? Please provide more details so I can further assist.

Glen,
                  To make the attachments smaller I use the eSignal Snapshot which automatically adjust the size of the charts. In doing I usually reduce the size from full screen to about a 4x6 shot as well.

Avery
                  eSignal Suppport.
                  Avery,

Thanks for the tip on reducing the imsge size. When I select a image less then 100 percent I never saw the image display to the right get smaller so I didn't think it was working. I see now it actually does reduce size of the saved image.

Regarding the trend line, it is a straight line connecting two or more points. The "points" being exact prices.

If when you change intervals the trend line in effect moves, no longer connecting the price points, then it is no longer a "trend line" by definition.

If the other line types stay intact thats good news.
                  Glen Demarco
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                    [B]Max and Glen
                    FWIW the same behavior occurrs also in other charting programs such as TradeStation and Metastock to name two that I have.
                    In the enclosed animations (of TS2000i and Metastock Pro 9.0) you can see that the trendlines drawn on a 60 minute chart will appear differently when the interval is changed to 15 minute.
                    As Avery has already explained in his replies to this thread this is caused by the fact that the coordinates of the anchor points of the trendlines are based on price and on the time stamps of the bars. In the animations in fact you can see that the the anchor points of the trendlines on the 15 minute chart will be placed on the bar with the time stamp equivalent to that of the 60 minute chart regardless of the fact that the actual low may have happened elsewhere within that 60 minute period
                    Alex
                    Alex,

Thanks very much for the useful information and posting the animation. I always wondered why at times the trend lines shifted, didn't realize it was anchored to the time.

Considering all the complex programming that comprises these charting packages, one would think that drawing a straight line through 2 points would not be such a controversial issue. Oh well.

Thanks,

Glen
                    Last edited by demarcog; 01-24-2007, 05:17 PM.
                    Glen Demarco
                    [email protected]

Comment

I don't know if is my english the problem but also if is my English pic i posted shold to talk for itself

Anywa is from the 10 of this month that i have problem with eSignal and i'm very tired now

First was for a bad file that eSignal have in is own default folder and for be exact is the welcome page that is in Page folder and for fix that i want trough many e mail - calling ecc

Now tere is this other problem

I i tell it very simple

I'm on 60 min chart , ok ?
                      (Since that happen with all the symbol isn't imposrtant to specify symbol )

I see that chart show ( with candle , bar or watherwer isn't the point ) a price range 10 to 50 ok ?

So i decide to draw a line from 10 to 50 in 60 min view
                      I understand that since is 60 min view if i put line that finish on 50 isn't really 50 ma can be 48.5 or 49 or 51 , but when i switch i have te line in more far position that don't have nothing to do with my first draw , i can expect to get line close the point i chose but in fact i get the line very far and like i showed in my pic when i switch in 1 min is even out the view .

Comment

Working...
                      X