Is there a way to count the number of bars between two points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to count the number of bars between two points

Is there a way to automatically count the number of bars betwen two points or two dates ?

This feature in some other software is very useful to caculate cycle length fib numbers & other technicals very easily instead of trying to count the bars manually.

If it is not there, I think it should be added in the next release. Very simple & very useful feature.

Thanks

robert3
    Not sure if this corresponds to what you are looking for but there is a Cursor counter which you can activate by double (left) clicking on a chart. This will display the CSR# and CSR% labels in the Cursor Window (see screenshot below) which represent the number of bars and percentage change from a reference point. To reset the reference point left click once on the chart. To turn this feature off double (left) click the chart again.
    Alex

Comment

Thank you Alexis. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Now instead of csr%, how can see the actual price difference between two vertical points. I mean not the % difference as shown by csr% but the actual numerical price difference.

Thanks

Comment

robert3
        The option to display price difference rather than percentage is not available in that feature at this time.
        If you would like to submit a suggestion send an email to [email protected]
        Alex

Comment

Thank You Akexis.

I appreciate your help.

Robert

Comment

Robert
            My pleasure
            I forgot to add to my prior reply that in the Segment line tool there is a Price Ruler setting that when enabled displays the price difference between the end points of the segment. You may want to try that also.
            Alex

Comment

Currencies numbers

Please, how can we use the Price Rule for Currencies (1.0001)?

Comment

Try using the the fib time function...clicking point A to point B will provide you with a bar count.

Comment

Price Rule Segment

Thanks KevinMClarck, but I would like to have a solution for the Segment Price Rule with four decimals, please. This way we have the straight difference between two points.
                  Last edited by Barros; 02-13-2007, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X