Chart Scaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart Scaling

A new eSignal user (RealTick refugee) asked me these questions, but I'm not completely sure of the answers since there might be some unique EFS solution. Without some unique solution, I don't think any of this is currently possible. Anyone know for sure?

Quote:
    I am still struggling to get eSignal set-up to my liking.
    My biggest two gripes right now (maybe you know of solutions...):

1. I can't find any way to set definite, fixed scale endpoints. I discovered dragging the scales, but that really doesn't do it for me. I want specific endpoints. On the vertical, for things like tick, trin, etc. On the horizontal, I want all my charts to show exactly the same time period. Problem is, by just dragging it by eye, they are often off a bit. And if the charts are different sizes, even slightly, things get really goofy with the legends.

That is, for example, let's say I want all my charts to starrt around 11:00 yesterday. (I'm on the west coast, so that is 2:00 PM NY). Some of the charts will show the 11:00 label, some will not. Some are off just enough so that it decides not to display the label.

Is there any way I can type-in the endpoints? I want to show TRIN from 0 to 2.5, for example. Not from "about 0" to "about 2.5".

I also sometimes want them to end at a specific time in the future, not "now". And not "now + so many minutes". Having the chart end now gives a distorted view. I'd like to see, say, all of yesterday, and as much of today as has already occured, with a blank space to the right for the rest of the day.

2. My other major gripe is the display of the date under the time. This really wastes a lot of space on small charts. Do you know of any way to turn this off?

I agree with you!

Comment

Bump.

Comment

These features are planned to be added to an upcoming version of eSignal. At this point, I am not aware of any workround for this. One thing that may help that is new to eSignal 7.3 is the ability to change all charts at once by holding down the CTRL key while using the Advanced Chart Toolbar.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X