Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why $ADV - $DECL (and many other ) are with 6 seconds delay ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why $ADV - $DECL (and many other ) are with 6 seconds delay ?

I noticed in ( Symbols Guide - Most Commonly Requested Indices - Statistics ) that the Update Frequency is 6 seconds for almost all
    $ADD (NYSE $ADV minus $DECL ) is even 30 seconds .

Dow Jones 2 seconds
    Nasaq 15 seconds
    The only one that is reported in real time is $NYA ( NYSE Composite )

My question is: it is normal ? It depend from eSignal or is the Exchange in general that give the data with this delay, and is the same for the institutional-professional trader too ?

max_net
    You can find an explanation on the update frequency of the indices in this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex
      Thank for your reply , I can understand that there are some delay for symbols generate in-house from eSignal , ( like is like wrote in the link – page ) but I wonder why symbol like INDU and Nasdaq are with a delay at the same , 2 and 15 seconds, they come directly from the Exchange and why there is this delay .

Ok, apart this, I ask you if can take a look at this my thread,

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=21591

just for know from you if is possible to do it , I post there a referring to one of your efs study too.

Comment

max_net,

The 2 and 15 second updates are not delays. This is the update frequency of those specific symbols. The update frequency is set by the exchanges, not eSignal.

Comment

ok , thank

Comment

Working...
          X