issue with esignal and windows xp mce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue with esignal and windows xp mce

I have noticed an issue with esignal and watching a TV tuner on the same machine running Windows XP SP2 MCE 2005.

Sometimes when I load and unload a script (which is very simple), after doing this a number of times, when I go to reload the script using the menu item Formulas ..., the sub menu items are corrupted and I can no longer view any formulas residing in the formulas directory. The only way around this is to completely exit winsig and restart it.

But then there is a more serious issue. I have a TV tuner installed in my machine. When I am watching a channel on my TV tuner and then I start esignal, winsig is corrupted and weird things happen like menu items are corrupted.

So either winsig or the "watch tv" option in media center edition is corrupting memory somehow.

Is this a know issue and is there a fix or workaround?
    How about 8.1? Is it fixed there?

Hi CrazyTiger,

This means that your video card is not adequate enough to run both your TV tuner and eSignal. eSignal is graphically resource intensive and uses a lot of your computers resources to draw charts. Keep in mind also that when you us custom formulas, any calculations done on the chart are done on the desktop and not on our servers.

Your TV tuner takes up video resources as well in order to display a video picture on your screen. This will cause the problem that your seeing.

Comment

The main graphics card I am using is an ATI Radeon x1950 XTX, the most powerful ATI card on the market with 512 MB built-in RAM. And I have 4 GB RAM installed in my motherboard. So I think the card is quite capable. My TV tuner card is separate from that main graphics card. So there appears to be some incompatibility between esignal and this hardware.

I only run into this situation when running esignal so again, I think there is some issue between esignal and my compbination of hardware. PLus, I am using the Cyberlink softwarre-based decoder for watching the TV so maybe esignal is clashing with this software.

Or maybe Cyberlink Power DVD is the problem. I am not sure.

Comment

Working...
      X