Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tic increments on Advanced Chart instead of Cent increments

Hello

Can you tell me if there is any way to set an advanced chart to jump between tic increments instead of from 1 cent to the next cent.

i.e. The advanced chart currently moves between each cent. As eminis only trade in 25 cent increments, is there any way to set the chart so that the cursor or lines would jump from 101.25 to 101.50 instead of from 101.25 to 101.26.

Thanks

Patch227
    If you are asking whether lines drawn on a chart can be anchored to the exact price tick of a symbol then that is already the case now. As an example see the enclosed animated image where I am drawing a Segment line with the Price Ruler option enabled. As you can see the price displayed by the Ruler increases or decreases by the minimum tick of the symbol.only

If this is not what you are seeing at your end then you may have a bad or corrupted configuration file in which case I would suggest you contact eSignal's support and be specific about the problem you are seeing.
    If instead you are asking if there is a way to set the Price label in the Cursor Window (or in the Price Scale) to move only by the exact tick price of a symbol then that is not possible
    Alex

Comment

Thanks for the info Alex.

It appears that my Config File is corrupt as I am not getting the treend lines to "stick" to the tic increments.

In addition to this I wanted the price scale and the cursor window to display tic increments which I understand from you is not possible. I did however receive an email from someone at eSignal which seemed to imply that this was possible. I will forward the mail to you for your comments

Thanks a lot
      P

Comment

P
        You are most welcome.

It appears that my Config File is corrupt as I am not getting the treend lines to "stick" to the tic increments
        In that case I would suggest you contact eSignal's support who will be able to assist you in fixing the bad or corrupted configuration file.
        Note that this configuration file can also have effect on how the Price Scale displays. The Price Scale (not the Cursor label) in fact should display only the exact increments specific to the symbol.

In addition to this I wanted the price scale and the cursor window to display tic increments which I understand from you is not possible.
        As you correctly understood the Cursor label (which is displayed in the Cursor Window and/or Price Scale) does not move by the minimum tick but runs instead continuously.
        BTW this functionality is common to that of several other applications that I know of such as for example TradeStation, Metastock, QCharts (see the enclosed animations from each of the mentioned programs where the Cursor labels do not move by the symbol's tick increment but continuously).
        Also please see my reply to your PM
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X