7.3 Bug Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul

This is a small suggestion : that eSignal store files of the same application in seperate internal folders - eg : for Charts / Advanced Charts / Layouts / Quotes ...etc (like the single Formulas folder) - so that if files need to be transfered its a simple case of copying accross folders

You can already do most of this now with the only exception being Layouts.
    Go into the eSignal folder and create a folder called MyDocs for example.
    Then right click your eSignal Shortcut (on the Desktop or wherever else you may have copies of it) and select Properties
    In the "Start In" box it should read ""C:\Program Files\eSignal"
    Change it to ""C:\Program Files\eSignal\MyDocs"
    The next time you start eSignal if you click File->Open or File->Save As... it will open the MyDocs folder which is where you will store all your eSignal documents.
    As I said above the only files that need to be in the eSignal folder are the Layouts IF you want to see them listed under Layouts in the Main Menu.
    As an additional tip you may want to save all your Layout files with the file name starting with (for example) PT- or $ so that they are all grouped together and easily identifiable (also easy to backup) even when in the eSignal folder.
    Just an idea

Alex

Comment

line studies icons messed up

I have the same problem with the icons
      also, on this machine I was running beta 7.3 with no problems and I downloaded the final release of 7.3 and installed it OVER the beta version - that's when the problems started.
      I've called tech support about 5 times and have reinstalled the software 8 times.
      I'm close to reformating my c:\ drive - but that is sooooo drastic.
      I'm running XP Home
      on a 1.8 ghz
      with 256 mb ram
      By the way everything runs fine at work at my office - but like today I'm trading from home.
      Any suggestions?
      Graham

Comment

Hi Graham,
        I eventually had my hard drive reformatted earlier in the year, (due to other issues, as well as eSignal) and obviously this did the trick - but it is drastic and very time consuming to complete all of the reinstalls.

If its just the icon issues your having problems with, then pursue other solutions before the reformat. I presume you've tried reinstalling eSignal in another folder (as Jay advised in this post) and this didn't work?

If so, then its probably a registry problem after all. Hopefully Alexis will get back to you with more advice on this.

Keep us updated on how it goes, i've been too busy to attempt any more uninstall/reinstalls (i've done as many as you and know how long they take), so i'm simply living with the problem for the time being.

Paul.

Comment

When I installed the 7.4 beta (build 593) over 7.3 final (588), it fixed the tool icons problem. (no uninstall/reinstall needed)

Comment

Hi all,
            I've just installed the new 7.4 Beta 2 over my 7.3 version - and this has also solved all of the problems with my line / tool bars.

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X