CyberTrader and eSignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberTrader and eSignal

hi, I am running eSignal 7.1 and CyberX2API for eSignal, and I'm having some problems with it. Anybody else running this configuration? I'm having no luck finding somebody that is actually running this setup.

Anyway, I have de-installed and re-installed 4 times now (11-8-2002 update: make that 5 now), against sites specified by CyberTrader and eSignal support staff. The end results are the same:

1. I cannot set the CyberTrader preferences, the preferences selected by right clicking upon the CyberTrader logon screen which appears in eSignal (press the Trade button, and select CyberTrader Logon, then right click on that dialog). All I get is a semi-blank dialog (radio buttons but no text describing what they do). The end result is I cannot set my order status screen properties, such as 'always on top', as I could in the Cyber demo software. So, position status goes away whenever I open the order entry window. This is aggrivating in a trade, to say the least.

2. I cannot set eSignal alerts to perform any kind of trade action. The functionality in eSignal is grayed out. I cannot access any kind of CyberTrader alerts, nor can I find how to access the CyberTrader communicator or any other functionality beyond what I have already mentioned here. Also, I have noticed that the CyberTrader P&L display will sometimes freeze for no apparent reason, but thats a minor problem I suppose.

I actually thought that when I bought eSignal and CyberTrader that I would be getting what I demo'd - eSignal and CyberTrader. But, it seems that the CyberTrader : eSignal integration is not entirely complete. Either that or I haven't a clue (which is very possible). If its not me, then are there better integrations with other vendors? I was wondering what you esig folks use for direct access order execution.

p.s. I forgot to mention the inability of eSignal / CyberTrader integration to set trailing stops. This, plus the lack of order execution alerts, renders the platform a bit useless and actually dangerous...but thrilling, I must say, to use.
    eSignal and CyberTrader are excellent tools, I just wish someone would tell me how to get them to play nice together.

Well, thanks for any help! And, good trading.
    p.s.s. the markets are thrashing back in the red again.
    Can someone please fix that also? : )
    -m.aoki
    Last edited by MarkAoki; 11-08-2002, 09:40 AM.

Mark,

Just started using ths same combination, and i'm wondering whether these issues were ever resolved?

thx
    Jonathan

Comment

hi,
      no, these issues were never resolved (in fact your message is the first reply to it).
      Tech support at Cyber & eSignal advised me on the phone that they personally have never seen the integrated eSignal & Cybertrader product, so could not really help (actually, its CyberTrader's responsibility to correctly integrate).

I finally gave up and went to CyberTrader Pro, but CyberTrader Pro had so many problems (drifting trend lines, hung open position charts, etc) that I had to ditch that as well.

Now I run eSignal and IB (Interactive Brokers) and it rocks, rocks, ROCKS!!! ...and my commission fees have halved to boot. Plus its nice IB doesn't charge for not trading. Sick, isnt it...to be charged $250 / month for sitting on the sidelines when sitting on the sidelines is sometimes the best position to have.

Well I hope CyberTrader has fixed their product and trained their people. For your sake I hope they did, because, man, trading is hard enough without being mislead by advertisements enticing you to risk your capital on a totally flawed product.
      I really hope you don't go through what I did....ayaaaaaaa....!
      It succcccccccked!!!
      good luck and happy trading

Comment

I managed to integrate cyberX with esignal, and have an EFS script that opens the cyberx orderentry popup when my system trigggers. At some point i might fully automate it.

Took me about 2 hours trying different methods to do this, since the documentation from esignal for cyber EFS not totally correct(had to request it specifically, couldn't find it on the website).

I've been using cyberpro for a month, and not terribly impressed by the product either. Funny that it has such great ratings, but then so do etradepro and omniticker etc.

I'me thinking about using tradestation or opening up an IB account too. Have you looked at tradestation?

Jonathan

Comment

oh, I was hoping that by now they would have ironed things out a little better. Oh well, at least you got something going...

Tradestation...yeah, I checked it out when they released their latest version recently. Some of my friends use it, and they totally love it. But they are strictly day traders, and I like to sometimes put on a position and hold it beyond a day. As such, Tradestation won't do for me because it doesn't support GTC (Good 'Till Cancelled) orders.

They did say on the phone they were going to add that capability, and call me when they get it done. Then I will test drive it, but until then I cannot comment further about the product.

Comment

fyi, an update regarding Tradestation: I just received an email from them advising that GTC orders are now available through the platform. This is great news, so now its on my to-do list to test drive. Always a good idea to know whats out there.

Comment

ESignal takes your money, and does not care if it works...

I can't believe this? ESignal takes your money, and does not care if their product works with CyberTrader?

I have been using ESignal in paper trading mode for a few weeks now. And it has been great. So I switch over to using my CyberX account. Using the CyberX Order Entry I sold short 4000 INTC, and low behold I found there is NO WAY to Buy to Close the trade?!?!? The buttons are all dimmed out.

If I use the order ticket window in eSignal, and press any of the greyed out button, eSignal blows up! What kind of company is this?

I feel like I'm getting ripped off.
              -- Michael
              -- "The Truth is more important than the Facts."

Comment

Please make sure you have your configuration set-up correctly per these FAQ's. The actual software integration is handled by Cybertrader altough we certainly provide them programming support where applicable. As you can see by this thread, there has not been much demand for this integration so it's difficult to say how many people are sucessfully using this combination. We work with many partners to improve the realm of choices for our customers but we can only assume total responsibility over our own applications ( i.e. eSignal ).

If the problem isn't resolved by information from those FAQ's, I'd give Cyber a call and see if they can help. If the problem persists, please let us know and we'll see how we can help further.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X