Quote freeze on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote freeze on startup

Experiencing consistent freezing upon startup on quotes enabled in the Market Depth and Market Profile (note GBP A0-FX time as compared to other Quotes). Suspect that it is a booting sequence that causes this, but have no way of confirming. Not sure how to avoid this without chaging the layout...

Any thoughts??? Tx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RuGO; 03-21-2007, 11:52 AM.
    --FOREX--

Hi RuGO
    The true test of find out whether you’re working with a bad layout is to boot eSignal with a different one. This doesn’t mean deleting yours just launching with a black page or a one of the defaults that came with eSignal.

If when you launch with a different layout and your system does not freeze we can then start looking at things within your layout that might be causing the problem.

One way to check to see what could be the problem is (and this might be very cumbersome but works) open each one of you windows one at a time. Give each one the time it needs to populate with data. If you do have a problem with one it will freeze and you’ll know which window you need remove. I would not do this in the original layout but create a new just adding the windows from the original into it. .

The second way is a bit more daring but you can open the applications with a default layout and once the eSignal has populated you can immediately switch to you layout. In some cases it will launch and not freeze up. If it does then you know that one of the windows within you layout is corrupt. If not then something with the DLL which moves the data around in the windows might be causing the problem.

The cases of it being a DLL are a very few and far between. I would say that 98% of the time it’s a window with in the layout that causing problems. On the small chance it a DLL I have included this link on uninstalling the application. Once you have completely uninstalled you can go to the
    download page to reinstall.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Avery,

Thank you for the prompt response and for the helpful pointers!

It seems that the issue of linked quotes applies only to the FX setup... I run four screens, each layout is identical in that each screen has 5 Advanced Charts (in various times), one quote window, one Market Depth window, and one Market Profile chart. One of the screens presents the Futures data and the other 3 present FX data. The futures screen updates all symbol- linked charts and quotes once eSignal is loaded, while the FX screens freeze the quote that was used during the previous session (by session I mean the previous time I was logged into eSignal).

If I change the symbol in any of the FX screens, the linked windows will update and run as they should, however the initial symbol/quote remains frozen. The issues seems to be with the Market Profile windows since, when I remove these windows from the page and reload eSignal, all seems to work well. I am a bit hesitant to re-install eSignal at the moment, however this is one riddle that I want to solve, so I will try this option later in the week. For the moment, it is easier to load the Market Profile charts once eSignal is up and running and then deleting them at the end of the session...
      Last edited by RuGO; 03-21-2007, 07:43 PM.
      --FOREX--

Comment

Hi RuGO,
        I apologize for the dalay in responding. As I read your post I'm confused in that it seems you are running several session of eSignal. Am I correct in assuming this?

But moving passed that it does should like you're having problem with the Market Profile Chart.
        What you may want to try is saving the layout without the MP and seeing if when you open it everything works. If so you have a corrupt MP chart and if you delete the old MP chart and File-->New Advanced Chart-->Market Profile and save a new one into you layout it should solve the problem.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery, thanks for the response. No, no, I do not run several instances of eSignal; just one. Went ahead and removed eSignal from the PC completely and reinstalled everything fresh. The problem is still there when starting a layout that contains both MP and Market Depth.

I have tried all that you suggested and more, and no luck. The application works fine when starting a layout without MP, so for now, rather than get to bogged down with this small issue, I just open the MP charts after loading eSignal.

Thanks for all your help! Noticed that the beta version is out and making the rounds, so will keep the fingers crossed!
          --FOREX--

Comment

Working...
          X