Can't save layouts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't save layouts!

I have transferred all my layout and chart files to a pc with esignal 8.0 installed.

Everything seems to work fine until I try to save a changed layout. I don't get any error messages but when i try to reload the layout it hasn't changed. Looking at the file in explorer, I can see it hasn't been saved as the date/time remains the same.

Hi Wat Tyler,

It sounds like your layout maybe locked, in which case it would allow you to make changes to the layout but when it come time to save it will only revert back to what it was when it was opened.

The way you can tell if your layout is locked is go to
    Page-->Locked Page on the main menu bar if there's a check mark next to Locked Page your layout is indeed locked.

Left click on Locked Page will remove the check mark unlocking the page and allow your changes to be saved.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks..but" lock page" was unchecked.

Comment

Next you can check to confirm you're saving and launching the same file. Since you move your eSignal form one PC to another there's a chance you have 2 eSignal folders.

Confirm what folder your saving the file in as well as what file is being launched.

Best recommendation is to go to File-->Save As save your layout with the same name and add a 1 on the end to confirm it shows up in the list of layouts on your menu bar. Also while in the Save As Dialog box use the drop down on top to see what the folder path is you're saving the file in.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

That's odd -I thought I'd checked that earlier. If I save it as something else I can then make changes and save again without any problems. I still can't save the original file though! Anyway..no matter now.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X