Export to Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export to Excel

Does anyone know of a way to have eSignal export the real time value of %K and %D of Stochastic Oscillator from eSignal to an Excel spreadsheet? Or is anyone aware of a add-on which will do this using the date supplied by eSignal?

Thank you.

michaelesq
    That can be done using EFS and the DDE Object.
    For general information on DDE in eSignal see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
    For information on the DDE Object and the required syntax see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase. The article also contains links to some examples that you may want to review.
    Lastly you can find an example specific to the Stochastic indicator in this thread.
    Alex

Comment

Export EFS to Excel

Thank you Alexis. Your response was extremely helpful. I have one follow up question. I have now created an EFS for the Stochastics and imported it into eSignal and applied it to various Advanced Charts which I am following. I can then export the information to an Excel spreadsheet and watch the live updates.

My question has to do with Indexes. I was looking at the Chart of the $RMS (which is an index of real estate investment trusts). The EFS was doing just fine on eSignal. However, when I tried to export the information to Excel, I had problems as the index symbol would not be accepted in Excel. The same was true for the Dow, DAX, etc. Any ideas how to get this information to export to Excel? Is there an article which was written to which you may be able to refer me?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

michaelesq
        You are most welcome
        See this post for a sample efs that shows how to deal with special characters (such as $, #, etc) when using the DDE Object. For more information on the replace() method used in the sample efs see the link in the article I indicated in my previous reply
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X