Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Manager won't stay closed

Hi;
    I am running eSignal V 8.0 with MetaStock on an XP Pro operating system. Whenever I try to shut down the computer I have to fight with keeping data manager closed as when I right click on it and click close, it closes but then automatically starts up again. In fact I can almost never get the computer to pay attention to a hibernate command and have to then shut it down all the way. There must be a way around this as it is a real pain in the ___. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Hi Brooktrout,

If the Data Manager re-launches after you have shut it down it means that a process of some type is recalling it. Something such as the MetaStock has some processes that use the Data Manager to operate and if the Data Manager closes while they are open they will call it back for another tour of duty.

You can launch the Window Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl/Alt/Delete keys simultaneously. Please try looking in the Window Task Manager under the Processes tab to see if you have the EquisServer or the EQfileserver (I think that what it called) still running, if so shut them down and then try closing the DM.

Please check these items and let us know if this corrects your issue.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X