PnF chart question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PnF chart question

I'm using .25 box size on ES #F, with 3 tick reversal.

I watched the PnF charting closely, during the night session when activity is slow. The topmost X was at 1458.00. On the dome (which uses the eSignal feed), I saw several trades occur at 1458.25 (bid), but the X was not filled. The market moved down a tick or two, then moved back up, and I saw another trade occur at 1458.25 (bid). Again, no X filled. Then it got filled. I didn't see any 1458.25 (ask) trades occur on the dome. I don't know why eSignal filled in the X then, but not earlier.

So my comment about "waiting for reversal ticks to happen" isn't true, though there remains some problem with the range expansion or with my understanding of it. Exactly when does eSignal decide that the range has expanded and fill in the X or O?

almerger

Exactly when does eSignal decide that the range has expanded and fill in the X or O?
    As I understand it the PnF chart updates only at the end of the chart interval and the range is expanded or reversed depending on the Source used. If you are using Close as the Source then this needs to be at or beyond the required price at the completion of the interval to draw the corresponding boxes. If instead you are using High/Low as the Source then the boxes will be drawn at the completion of the interval based on the range that was covered during that interval.
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X