ADX calculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADX calculation

I use Metastock soft. With Esignal data version .

However using The ADX method of trading ,I realized a discrepancy with ADX .

Meatstock is applying the Wilder Averging Method to calculate -DI +DI and ADX .

I believe Esignal is using a E.M.A method. Completely shows a different ADX chart.

Dr. Charles Schaap , sponsored by Esignal , wrote a book “ADXcellence “ based on Esignal ADX Charts.

It cannot be applied because the Scan with Metastock / Esignal version , is giving other results .

I would like to duplicate the formulas Esignal is calculatig -DI ,+ DI and ADX

so I could create with Metastock / Esignal version for + DI , -DI , ADX

Easily used with the Metastock scanner users .

Please respond to [email protected]
    Last edited by STC; 04-20-2007, 03:04 PM.

STC
    To my knowledge eSignal uses Wilder's smoothing to calculate +DI, -DI and ADX and not exponential averages.
    From what I can see the difference between Metastock and eSignal appears to be due to the fact that the values in Metastock are rounded.
    Alex

Comment

ADX calculation

Alexis Hello
      Thanks for your reply.
      I just would like to understand what you mean precisely.

Wilder, in his book does not use fractions or decimal values in the final result He truncates/rounds to the nearest whole

But if you get a decimal value in your software, then you obviously do not round/truncate.
      Is it correct? Because if it is, I would do the same.
      Thanks Stuart

Comment

Stuart
        That is correct. eSignal does not round the returned values of +DI, -DI and ADX
        Alex

Comment

ADX calculation

Alex
          One more question.
          Are you not rounding 1 point oR 5 points or just decimals? (Which would not make any difference )?
          Thanks

Comment

Stuart
            As I indicated in my previous reply eSignal does not round the values returned by the ADX study.
            Alex

PS. When replying to a thread please use the POST REPLY button rather than the NEW THREAD button.

Comment

Working...
            X