Spread chart problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread chart problem

I just recently started having this problem and wondering if anyone can help. Running 8.0 build 782.

I have a quote window linked to an advanced chart. In the quote window I have a long list of symbols grouped in three's- a spread and then the two stocks or whatever that comprise the spread. These are not defined as spreads in the quote window, but rather just the mathematical function, for example CVX - XOM.
    I used to have no problem clickin on any of these spread quotes and charting them, but now I need to click on each individual symbol, load the chart, and then I can click on the spread and the chart will load. Same goes for timeframe. If I want to change from a daily to a 5 min, I first have to load both stocks 5 min chart, then the spread will work. I get quotes in the quote window for all spreads no problem. This having to load individual symbols first has only been going on the last few months, but it is annoying. Anyone know why this would happen?

PJ,
    This is a very unusual problem, I know of a couple of bugs that happen with the custom spreads but never have I head that you have to do with slow loading charts.

You may want to try using a newly created chart and see if it does the same thing if so, please PM my you username and I can check to see if this is server issue. I have take about 12 custom symbol along with some custom symbols which are more intricate basically using making custom spreads which incorporate the number of other custom spreads.

Examples of what I'm talking about are (12.95F + 5.15GM) / 2 call this symbol FGM
    then you take this F / FGM or GM / FGM, Even with formulas complicated like this it only take about 3 second to load the chart.

So in the instance I can only think that maybe something with the chart.

Hope this helps

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've tried rebuilding the workspace, doing a clean reinstall of esignal, and a thorough cleaning of my computer-temp files, etc. Still happening.

I'm perplexed by this and open to any other suggestions.

Comment

Working...
      X