DDE Link with Excel and Vista and Norton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDE Link with Excel and Vista and Norton

Does anyone know if the DDE link "SigTools" works just fine with Excel (Office 2007) and Vista? I keep getting a message that the link will not run because a virus was detected.

On the other hand, occasionally after much frustration when I reboot the Vista machine and open the file [as the first thing I do in a clean machine] it will ask me if I want to link. I answer yes and it does link up.

The .xls file was created in Office 2000 and has been transferred to the Vista Business machine from an XL Pro machine where I have had no problem with the link.

Perhaps I need to make a change in my Norton anti-virus software installation?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Hello Brooktrout
    I've been testing and using eSignal on a new Vista machine with the new office 2007. The DDE links work fine once you're able to find the crazy little add- on menu option that come up when you click on the SigTools. I've found no problem with either of the applications.

One thing to note, I don't have any other Anti Virus or Firewall except for the one that comes with Vista. So your Nortons could be interferring, I can't confirm because I don't user it.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X