"DDE hot link" in Sigtools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "DDE hot link" in Sigtools

I would like to know where i can get information on the fields provided in DDE hot link in Sigtools.

For example =WINROS|Beta! gives me beta values that are very far off for some stocks ( i compared to yahoofinance and cnbc.com)

I would like to know how Sigtools calculates the beta. Also it would be useful to have information on other fields.

Thanks,

Jay

Hi Jay,

In the sample spread sheet there are all the qualifers which can be used in the for the DDE Header fields. The items in the Hot Links will not update when you use the Matrix autofill. But are there for the manual updates.

As far as the Beta data is a calculation of price change of the stock in comparisan to the S&P500. Click here for a better explaination what the Beta is used for and how it calculating.

We don't know how Yahoo is calculating the Beta on their site and so we can neither confirm or deny it accuracy. What we do know is eSignal using a 60 month to calcuate it number.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Avery,

thank you for the beta explanation, regarding the other question, I understand taht it won't update when i use the matrix fill, but where can i get an explanation of the fields provided.

thanks,
      Jay

Comment

Hi Jay,
        You can find the complete list of discriptions for all the columns or fields by clicking here.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Avery,

Thanks, that helps.

Comment

Working...
          X