DDE and Excel 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDE and Excel 2007

I have a new computer with excell 2007, I can not get the dde working, everytime I change a setting in excel such as "update links to other documents" excel freezes up. I have looked at every setting possible, trust centre etc. Has anyone had any problems using excel 2007 with esignal? Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated

Lenpen,

eSignal tested the DDE in the Excel 2007 and found no problems. Our testing of previous version of Excel worksheets in the 2007 did cause minor issue which we were able to correct by saving the worksheet in the new 2007 format.

Thorough testing of worksheet linking was not completed and so I can not speak on if this could be causing the issue.

Please try saving the worksheet in the Excel 2007 format and then try the DDE linking. Hopefully this will help you.

AveryH
    eSignal Support.

Comment

I experienced a similar, if not the same, problem.

In fact, DDE doesn't work with any applications. In addtions, I do recall Excel hanging which is similar to what you're experiencing.

Have you checked to see if DDE works with any other applications, such as Microsoft Word, etc.?

I have been unable to determine the cause of my problem.

Comment

DDE problem solved

I found out the problem was with the 64 bit XP program that came with my new computer. I switched to 32 bit and DDE works just fine now.

Comment

Working...
        X