Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network problem with eSignal 8.0

Hi.

I'm using eSignal 8.0 and am having an issue which seems network related to me, but would like some advise on.

When everything is working, I see three connections from my computer with IP addresses on the Internet (I use the "netstat -na" command issued from a command prompt) with an "ESTABLISHED" state.

From time to time, tough, the Data Manager program seems to loose one or more of them and it appears as no longer working (I see it's icon on the Systray going RED).

When I check the output from the "netstat -na" command again, I see that I have one or more of the connections that were in place gone, and a new one being done with an IP address different from the ones seen before and a with a "SYN_SENT" state.

Has anyone seen this ?? Any clues on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Network problem with eSignal 8.0

Originally posted by tototrader
    Hi.

I'm using eSignal 8.0 and am having an issue which seems network related to me, but would like some advise on.

When everything is working, I see three connections from my computer with IP addresses on the Internet (I use the "netstat -na" command issued from a command prompt) with an "ESTABLISHED" state.

From time to time, tough, the Data Manager program seems to loose one or more of them and it appears as no longer working (I see it's icon on the Systray going RED).

When I check the output from the "netstat -na" command again, I see that I have one or more of the connections that were in place gone, and a new one being done with an IP address different from the ones seen before and a with a "SYN_SENT" state.

Has anyone seen this ?? Any clues on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi TotoTrader,

FWIW I have been using eSignal everyday for several years and have never lost connection with the Data Manager, solid green 100 percent of the time.

I only mention it because it may help you resolve the issue more quickly by ruling out the Data Manager/eSignal as the cause.

You may want to check your TCPIP settings and contact your network provider when it happens. It sounds like you may be loosing the connection and TCPIP may be trying to dynamically reassign/reconnect you to the network.
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X