Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Replay + Paper Trade

hello,

I had a question about eSignal's Tick Replay feature.

While I am conducting a Tick Replay, is it possible to use eSignal's Paper Trading feature to "paper trade" or "simulator trade" the tick replay?

That is, while I'm watching the Tick Replay unfold, I could use the Paper Trader to place sim trades, as if I were trading the market in real-time.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

sprtrader
    Yes it is possible
    Alex

Comment

Thanks

Hi Alexis,

Thanks. That's great.

Could you please briefly describe how I could do that? as I couldn't seem to figure it out myself.

thanks again.

Comment

sprtrader
        See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase for details on using the Paper Trade function
        Alex

Comment

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by sprtrader
          Hi Alexis,

Thanks. That's great.

Could you please briefly describe how I could do that? as I couldn't seem to figure it out myself.

thanks again.
          sprtrader,

In the Trade - Preferences menu option, make sure that the eSignal Paper Broker is the default option, then in the Trade - Paper Trader option select Logon.

At this point you can open a chart with the strategy loaded and start tick replay using the Tick Replay file that was previosuly downloaded and saved to disk.

Prior to doing this I replaced all the Strategy statements with the equivalent Generic Broker Functions. I've never run a strategy in tick replay using the Strategy object/methods and not sure if those trade would be recorded in the eSignal Paper Broker window.

If you use the generic broker function then each trade will be recorded in the Paper Broker window. This method is about a close to actual trading results as possible and is an excellent way of validating a previously back tested strategies results.

Hope this help you get started.

Glen
          Glen Demarco
          [email protected]

Comment

Thanks

thanks Alexis and demarcog. this helps greatly! thanks again.

Comment

sprtrader
              You are most welcome
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X