Data offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data offline?

Having recently moved from Amibroker charting with EOD I was amazed to discover that eSignal Advance charting with EOD does not store the data locally.

Are there any plans to permit the local saving of data and if so when?

Living in the UK I can only access the online data from 22:00 and through the night (not much use if you have a day job)

Maybe the fact that EOD data can ONLY be accessed online should be made more obvious on the web site!!

I agree that eSignal should store data locally. I use TC2000 and it's great to have local data that is as current as the last time that an online update was made. I can take my laptop on a plane or sit by the pool and look at charts, develop strategies, etc. without having to be tethered to the internet.

So far, I like what I see with eSignal but no local data is something that I would consider a serious deficiency. Please consider adding the capability of storing data locally.

Thanks!
    jammer

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We're still in the process of fine-tuning our EOD product offering. Our other EOD service, eSignal Wizard, is designed for Advanced Get users and does store data locally. Wizard is pretty much limited to US data at this point. Once we map out how we're going to handle permissioning and pricing for 100+ exchanges on an EOD download basis (local storage), we'll likely merge these two EOD services into one package and serve both eSignal and GET users. No specific ETA to offer at this time.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,
        Are there any plans to allow some sort of local storage for the RT version? IF not what is being planned to deal with the problems associated with lines, notes, etc and loss of paging feature?

Comment

Allowing eSignal to store data locally has been requested by users and is under consideration for a future release. In terms of problems with lines, text, etc. please provide more information or add your question to an existing thread on the topic.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X