Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main eSignal Window and Primary Monitor

Hello,
    In the design of eSignal, is the assumption made that the Main eSignal window will be placed in the Primary monitor in a multi-monitor setup? If so, would you expect problems if the Main eSignal window was not in the Primary Monitor?

I have six monitors, say 1,2,3 across the top and 4,5,6 across the bottom. My Primary monitor is #4. My Main eSignal window is #1. Monitors 2,3,4,5 and 6 contain floating eSignal windows

If I open the EFS performance monitor it appears in #4 (by chance the Primary Monitor?), which is one monitor down and one across from the Main eSignal monitor. If I drag the EFS Performance Monitor window back to the Main eSignal window before closing it, it will open next time again in #4. But if I forget to move it to the Main eSignal window and close it from within #4, then next time it opens in the ether somewhere. My guess is it is opening one down and one across from #4, i.e. in a non-existent #9. Months ago I had to go into some eSignal .ini file and delete some settings for it to re-appear.

I'm having other problems with eSignal as well (very slow), and am wondering if they could be related to my Main eSignal window not located in my Primary Monitor. Does it need to be? I'm using 8.0

Thanks
    shaeffer.

Further to my last note, here's another quirky thing. If I have a floating window, say 2"x3" and want to redock it, it reappears in the Main eSignal window in some monstrous size, far outside the eSignal Main window boundaries. I have to drag and shrink it two or three times to get it back to 2"x3".

Its almost like it is expanding to a size to include the Primary Monitor??, but that's just a guess. Should it redock in the same size it was while floating?

This happen with any eSignal window I redock

All my monitors are the same size and resolution.

Thanks
    shaeffer

Comment

Shaeffer,
      Your statement is correct, the position of the EFS PrefMon assume that the eSignal is on the Primary Monitor the first time it is launched. When it is closed from any monitor other then that which eSignal reside on, it update the winsig.ini file as if you had moved the eSignals main layout/page to that specific monitor. Then the next time the EFS PrefMon window is opened it will open the same distance way from where it was closed. will open on Monitor relation to eSignal and the Primary Monitor (In you case 3 monitors).

The setting in winsig.ini which control the location of the EFS PrefMon is [DlgEfsPerfMon]

Because most of the dialog windows are launched within the eSignal layout/page this is not a concern. In the case of this EFSPrefMon window, it launchs outside of the layout/page and I can see where it might be an issues.

I’ll direct this toward the Product Manager and will post back once I hear back from them.

AveryH
      eSigna lSupport

Comment

Thanks Avery,

I will save your reply email notification in my eSignal mail folder so I can find the file and lines in winsig.ini to change next time I lose the EFS Performance Monitor (because I didn't drag it back to the main window before closing it).

Hopefully the Development folks can fix it so that window opens always in (or relative to) the main eSignal window, with no care about which monitor is the primary monitor.

Regards
        Shaeffer

Comment

Working...
        X