Strange Quote Board background color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Quote Board background color

On Friday, the data for the symbols QQQQ and CVX in my Quoteboard was flashing almost continuously (and my eSignal was very very slow). Normally my QB background is grey, but when I tried rebuilding it today (where white is the default background color), I notice that the backgrounds for the symbols QQQQ and CVX are always grey.

Does that grey background signify some problem?

Thanks
    shaeffer
    Attached Files

shaeffer

Does that grey background signify some problem?
    No it does not. It simply indicates that the security is closed for trading. To change the color right click the Quote Board, select Properties and then Closed BG in the Colors section. Futures will also show an S (for Settlement) in the background (also this color can be user defined)
    You can also see the state by adding the Tick/Closed/Settlement field to the Quote Board (see enclosed image)
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex,
      Because my background was grey before, I had never noticed the background color change during and outside of market hours. I guess the indices backgrounds never change 'cause they aren't tradeable.

So now I know the background color on those tradeable symbols isn't an indication of a problem. But the data on just those symbols in my QB was flashing almost continuously on Friday, which it doesn't normally do. And the program was very slow, (i.e up to five seconds after clicking on a trend line before the handles would appear). So there's a problem somewhere ... I've just got to find it.

Thanks again Alex
      shaeffer

Comment

Working...
      X