eSignal 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anson
    See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase. FYI I found it by searching the KB for the word uninstall
    Alex

Comment

Alexis,

Thanks but I have seen that KB article before. I was asking since Scott said below that "Both versions have the same file structure so 10.0 will overwrite all the application files. We also load some files in the windows directory so it's not particularly easy to keep more than one version of eSignal on your system and keep it clean."

What he said seems to imply that Ver 8 and Ver 10 files have differences. So I wanted to be sure that they have exactly the same file structure even with the version changes and across the whole hard-disk. This would then assure me that the link you mentioned is still valid for ver 10 as I have no idea if it has been updated. If I'm going to make a switch to ver 10 anytime soon... I want to be able to completely reverse it.

Thanks!
      Anson

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      Anson
      See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase. FYI I found it by searching the KB for the word uninstall
      Alex

Comment

Anson
        As far as I know the file structure is the same and because of that the files would end up being shared by the two versions thereby causing the difficulty Scott was referring to.
        As to reversing the installation of 10.0 (and/or reinstalling it) I have done that multiple times without any issues during the beta testing stage by simply reinstalling one version over the other. Regardless if you do want to perform a clean reinstall then the steps outlined in the article are still valid.
        Alex

Comment

Thanks alex.

Comment

Anson
            My pleasure
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X