Missing data in the starting bar/incomplete bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing data in the starting bar/incomplete bars

I would like to report a problem with time templates in advanced charting when time intervals such as 29 minutes are used for securities in Japan market (e.g. $NI225-NKI.)

1. In the time template, if interval=default, # of days =10, starting time=8:01, end time=14:01, for 29 minute interval candle charts, the first bar would start at 8:11, instead of the market opening time at 8:01 specified in the time template.

2. The problem can be resolved by specifying a time before the market opening time, say, 7:46. This way, the first bar will start at 7:56, covering the opening point at 8:01. I was told that the first bar count of the day starts from mid-night and the starting point of the bars after mid-night are fixed regardless what is specified as my starting time in the time template. Thus to show the points at 8:01, I need to specify a starting time that is earlier than the beginning of the bar that covers 8:01.

This leaves me with two issues. First, with the first bar starting at 7:56, I get two incomplete bars in the morning session (one at the opening and one at the closing) and two in the afternoon. This messes up all the technical indicators. Second, the explanation given to me does not appear to be correct. The beginning time of each bar is actually not fixed from the outside. It is dependent on the starting time specified in the time template. This is good news as it is now possible to eliminate one incomplete bar from each session. Unfortunately, I could not figure out how the starting time specified in the time template affects the beginning time of the bars. I would appreciate it very much if the technical staff with access to the codes could take a look at the codes and provide the information on how the beginning of the bars are affected by the specification of the starting time in the time template.

Additionally, the relationship between the starting time specified in the time template and the beginning of the bars tends to change every few weeks. That is, with the same specification of the starting time in the time template, one tends to get different bar configurations after a few weeks. Could you please find out the reason for the problem and hopefully fixed it? If it cannot be fixed, could you please let us know the reason for the change and how it affects the relationship?

Many thanks for any help on the issues.
Working...
X